Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by VL400 »

Try a T bolt hose clamp... http://www.pwr.com.au/portfolio/t-bolt-clamps

Had a similar problem due to using a stainless pipe with no rolled edge. T bolt clamp solved it :thumbup:
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by HQ355 »

That's what I ment ! Had a few beers after work and couldn't remember what there called ! You can get them from any place that sells rubber hose, I'm fairly sure there's an irrigation place on Matthews ave airport west that stock all different sizes, prob cheaper than pwr
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by VL400 »

Yep any hose place and some auto shops, PWR link was really only for the pretty picture :lol: Have used them in stainless and galv.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Holden202T »

and I have put 18 psi through those clamps with no issues ;) hehe
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

the website looks to be down?

anyway, I will post a pick of a radiator with the same problem, only this one is used and you can see what a standard clamp does to the neck of the fitting.

I think if I am going to rely on a t bolt clamp, I'll need to press in a metal sleeve inside the fitting to stop it collapsing.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

found these, also listed on rarespares. looks to be genuine part number.

http://www.speedspares.net/VS19474_p/vs19474.htm
http://www.speedspares.net/VS19476_p/vs19476.htm
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

Velcro squares, metal plate with it glued and stitched on for extra extra security. got 9 to replace the 5 crappy factory ones.
IMG_1208_zps25812b06.jpg
bit with limiter so I don't hit the roof skin when I drill the cross-members
IMG_1209_zps668e14c7.jpg
drilled
IMG_1210_zpsedff931b.jpg
some sikaflex and rivets, ready to go!
IMG_1211_zps31ace60f.jpg
IMG_1212_zps363a1ae5.jpg
new lining I had done 2 years ago finally got some use :thumbup:
IMG_1213_zps38aa35ed.jpg
IMG_1217_zps2333587e.jpg
outstanding!
IMG_1218_zpsa2572933.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Holden202T »

Hoodlining looks mint!

I have a VS V6 radiator here, not sure if they are the same as earlier or not, I got it in a parts car and was new a few months before I bought the car, anyways, it has barbs on it, not massive but they are there!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

are the barbs at the very end or like 5-10mm from the end?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Holden202T »

yeah pretty well on the end...