ALDL Logger

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: ALDL Logger

Post by immortality »

Yeah that is what it said, the laptop card reader wouldn't read it, tried it a couple of times and then tried re-booting but that didn't solve it. Put back in the logger but it didn't seem to recognise it, said SD inserted but didn't go any further.

I've not ever had it happen before and I use my camera card a fair bit in the PC.

yeah, it was a bit odd, gave it 100% TPS in first but lifted before it changed up and it still showed 5600 max rpm. It was still pulling strong when I backed out of the throttle. Have to try again when the weather clears.

Can the SC card be fitted/removed with it powered up? So far I have only done so with it unplugged.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

my card worked fine first few times and the girls laptop now asks if a want to scan the card for errors as it has detected an error.i dont use safely remove hardware button feature on her lappy might have done it dunno
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

immortality wrote:Can the SC card be fitted/removed with it powered up? So far I have only done so with it unplugged.
I never power it off to remove the card, and very often remove and insert the card while logging to make changes to the ADX using TuenrPro. The logger loads the updated ADX and continues along happily. You do lose the entire log if it is still recording, but that does not trash the file system on the card.

delcowizzid wrote:my card worked fine first few times and the girls laptop now asks if a want to scan the card for errors as it has detected an error.i dont use safely remove hardware button feature on her lappy might have done it dunno
That is likely caused by not stopping it first. TunerPro will keep hold of ADX and XDL files until it is closed.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've had similar results loosing a log but thats about the only issue.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

When turning the key off on the '808 which turns off the logger during a recording? You will like your updated logger when it returns ;)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

VL400 wrote:When turning the key off on the '808 which turns off the logger during a recording? You will like your updated logger when it returns ;)
hahaha yeah that used to be a very regular issue, also when I was at the hillclimb, the logger bounced around the floor a few times and edjected the sd card, after that I got copies amounts of cable ties and sorted it for the day :)

yes your right I am stoked with the updates :)
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

VL400 wrote:
immortality wrote:Can the SC card be fitted/removed with it powered up? So far I have only done so with it unplugged.
I never power it off to remove the card, and very often remove and insert the card while logging to make changes to the ADX using TuenrPro. The logger loads the updated ADX and continues along happily. You do lose the entire log if it is still recording, but that does not trash the file system on the card.

delcowizzid wrote:my card worked fine first few times and the girls laptop now asks if a want to scan the card for errors as it has detected an error.i dont use safely remove hardware button feature on her lappy might have done it dunno
That is likely caused by not stopping it first. TunerPro will keep hold of ADX and XDL files until it is closed.

Your right, I tried ejecting the SD card with it powered up and it read it fine when it was re-inserted. After I lost the data it only said SD inserted but never loaded anything so most likely something was corrupted. Never mind, just another excuse to go out and get another base line log to work with when this rain finally stops:)

I always use the eject function if writing to a card on the laptop after having an issue with a memory stick years ago.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

so i have a k-type thermocoupl can i just feed 5v into it and connect the other side to 1 logger input will that even work LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sure does, that's how im getting my EGT readings on the Gemini!

from memory I have the board that MS suggests ? can get single ones or multiple ones ?
egt setup 1.jpg
egt setup 1.jpg (125.88 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
egt setup 2.jpg
egt setup 2.jpg (112.77 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
egt log 1.jpg
egt log 1.jpg (283.89 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i just have the probe what board are you talking about
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/264596976 ... sensor.jpg