Hi Guys
Hopefully this isn't too much to ask for a first post however I am chasing some help in how to activate the engine cooling fan (High Speed) output A8 on a VS V8 memcal.
I have fitted a stroked VS 5 litre V8 to an International Harvester Ute and am in the last stages to get this on the road, more info here http://www.aussiev8.com.au/conversions- ... 110-a.html
When I rebuilt the engine 6 years ago I fitted a Kalmaker HSV 5.7 Litre eprom with the anti theft turned off to get the engine running and I now have the ute nearly ready to be licensed. On the wiring diagram for my PCM, the high speed engine relay negative trigger is A8 on the PCM and I have connected this to my engine fan relay but it doesn't work - I know these engines had a thermo fan fitted and I presume that the relay output for the electric fan isn't activated in the machine code which is a pain for me.
My question is " Is there an eprom file I can use that has this output turned on and also has the anti theft code turned off as well?"
I am in Perth if that helps, I have the skills to burn a new eprom if that helps and am happy to contribute financially if required.
Thanks Graham
How to turn on Electric fan on VS V8 Memcal
-
grahamjb
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:59 pm
- cars: International AR-110 with VS V8
2014 Harley Ultra Classic Tourer
Hyundai i30 - Location: Perth
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: How to turn on Electric fan on VS V8 Memcal
You will only need to find the kalmaker fan items and adjust the turn on temp. On V8s it was set for a really high temp.
Someone with kalmaker experience can likely point you in the right direction for the name to search for.
Someone with kalmaker experience can likely point you in the right direction for the name to search for.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: How to turn on Electric fan on VS V8 Memcal
kalmaker fan variables
out :fan :hiclt1 is turn on
out:fan :loclt1 is turn off
then there is a road speed variable that usually don't need adjusting out:fan:lokph2
but also check the fan comes on when in diagnostic mode ,the ecu grounds the relay to activate fan,so fan and relay must have fused ign +
set the on/off with 3-5deg difference
3 deg seems to work for me fan not on for too long and not cycling too much
I usually set the turn on 3 deg above thermostat full open temp
out :fan :hiclt1 is turn on
out:fan :loclt1 is turn off
then there is a road speed variable that usually don't need adjusting out:fan:lokph2
but also check the fan comes on when in diagnostic mode ,the ecu grounds the relay to activate fan,so fan and relay must have fused ign +
set the on/off with 3-5deg difference
3 deg seems to work for me fan not on for too long and not cycling too much
I usually set the turn on 3 deg above thermostat full open temp
-
grahamjb
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:59 pm
- cars: International AR-110 with VS V8
2014 Harley Ultra Classic Tourer
Hyundai i30 - Location: Perth
Re: How to turn on Electric fan on VS V8 Memcal
Thanks for the replies gents which is appreciated.
Are there any Kalmaker guys in Perth anyone can recommend to do this for me
Thanks
Graham
Are there any Kalmaker guys in Perth anyone can recommend to do this for me
Thanks
Graham
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: How to turn on Electric fan on VS V8 Memcal
Can try contacting the Kalmaker rep Alan Gibbs?
If its just a standard 5.7 HSV tune can get rid of Kalmaker and adjust things easily yourself using TunerPro and a factory bin.
EDIT: Amazing build thread
If its just a standard 5.7 HSV tune can get rid of Kalmaker and adjust things easily yourself using TunerPro and a factory bin.
EDIT: Amazing build thread
-
grahamjb
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:59 pm
- cars: International AR-110 with VS V8
2014 Harley Ultra Classic Tourer
Hyundai i30 - Location: Perth
Re: How to turn on Electric fan on VS V8 Memcal
VL400, thanks for the kind comments about my build and your quick reply
I have heard that Alan Gibbs might not be doing this anymore?
I like your idea of TunerPro and a factory bin file - I will go and find TunerPro, what would you recommend as a good bin file to start with and are the bin files commented, or is there a tutorial I can look at?
Damn, I just noticed the footer on your reply, I will go and read the getting started guide...
Thanks
Graham
I have heard that Alan Gibbs might not be doing this anymore?
I like your idea of TunerPro and a factory bin file - I will go and find TunerPro, what would you recommend as a good bin file to start with and are the bin files commented, or is there a tutorial I can look at?
Damn, I just noticed the footer on your reply, I will go and read the getting started guide...
Thanks
Graham