PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
EagleMark
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:52 pm
cars: 1994 Buick RoadMaster LT1
1972 IH 345 16197427 PCM Project
1990 Chevy 1227747 HighWay Lean Cruise
Location: North Idaho USA

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by EagleMark »

antus wrote:Thanks for the support. Im a bit short on time a the moment. between the day job and picking up this sites nvram products I havnt had time to look at this for a while. Hopefully when things settle down a bit I'll be able to get back to it.

I believe a prominent member at thirdgen.org has a project in the works for black box on avt, but I cant give any details.
Two late! It's out!

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-p ... flash.html
Munchies
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:55 am
cars: 6 Ford Diesels
1 Jeep Diesel
Hellcat redeye _Stolen
Couple bulldozers

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by Munchies »

Hows the weather down under?

This recognized a few different ecms today for me. Cant wait for more.
Munchies
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:55 am
cars: 6 Ford Diesels
1 Jeep Diesel
Hellcat redeye _Stolen
Couple bulldozers

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by Munchies »

If I had a tool that uses an unbranded avt 852 and can read/write anything 1996-2013 is there anyway I can see what commands it is sending the AVT? If we can compare what it sends to a blackbox to a 411 and to a duramax could that not be used in this software? I have tried process monitor and some usb sniffers but its a LOT to go through...
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by antus »

You can use a serial monitor like sudt on the vcp but most the uploaded code is copyright and must be replaced with fresh original code.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
JMS-3800
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by JMS-3800 »

Ok, I can see that it can be used to Read and write to an Ls1 ecu... Great
Now what Cable do we need to use for it?
What software can we use to change things with.. for eq..
Vats
fuel map
Ing Map
fans
Firing order etc...
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by VL400 »

JMS-3800 wrote:Ok, I can see that it can be used to Read and write to an Ls1 ecu... Great
Now what Cable do we need to use for it?
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3111
Under requirements..
* AVT 852 Cable
mecanicman
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:43 pm
cars: 1984 Mustang
2002 s10 6.0 turbo

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by mecanicman »

Hi Antus! You have any updates on the flash version of the software? I am very excited to get my hands on a copy of the completed fully functional version.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by antus »

nah sorry its been on the back burner while ive been getting in to manufacturing the nvram and comms boards for the 808 pcms etc. too man projects and only little spare time!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
cjcalhoun85
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:35 am

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by cjcalhoun85 »

First off great work. I can't wait till it's finished. You will have people buying this in a heartbeat. I'm new to all this and learning a lot. I for one will buy as soon as it's all finished. If I knew what I was doing I would help in anyway I could. I plan on buying a cable sometime just not shure when. I have a couple of computers I can hook up and read. Thank u agine for all your hard work.
mecanicman
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:43 pm
cars: 1984 Mustang
2002 s10 6.0 turbo

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by mecanicman »

Just tried v1.07, works with 1mb o/s that did not previously work, thanks Antus!