CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

started to get some parts together as money provides for my T700 rebuild, i've ordered a shift improver type kit which comes with all new springs and most importantly for me, a new seperator plate, seeing how the previous owners decided to bore out the holes in the current one, plus also install stuff incorrectly and bent it! so this one has a tow kit type option which should provide nice positive shifts without being too harsh for street duties!

also have ordered the usual boost valve upgrade, but its .570 which is slightly larger then the normal ebay one, and i have ordered the corvette 2nd servo piston and a upgraded 4th gear piston which apparently is the ticket for towing!!

next on the list is to work out exactly what i need parts wise but looking at a rebuild kit designed for towing/RV type of stuff, which should just about sort the rest out, and apparently rated for up to 500hp so that will be plenty for my requirements even if i do stroke it one day!

have also made a bit of progress with some more wiring stuff, and got the rear of the gearbox sitting a bit lower which looks more right for tailshaft angle and such ... will be making up a home made tailshaft shortly to see how it all looks.

got some time off in a week and a half, so during that time hoping to get some work started at least on an engine cover for it, and some new seat frames too ...

oh and hopfuly to visit the engineer and lay out all my plans for his disection and so i then will have a solid plan of attack!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by vlad01 »

hey, found some stickers, not exactly HSV but its along the lines.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VN-hsv-stick ... 2a40aa36f1
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

HAH .... that's very interesting, not sure I like the design of the sticker, but my initials are actually SV :P
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Charlescrown »

This is turning out to be a real nice beast. I like the way you have utilised lots of the Commodore bits. Who have you got lined up to certify it?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

the guy I am going to see is in the Newcastle area, Glen Lynch is his name.... I have no experience with him, for previous cars I have used a guy that is now out of the engineering game so just went with the next local person that covers what i'm doing.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Charlescrown »

Don't know him he must be a new kid on the block. I spent qiuet a few years on the NSW SAE committee and new most of the people doing inspections/reports under the old system but since the changes a few years ago most of them left. I do know Athol Mullen is quiet good. It's pretty straight forward nowadays with many of the interpretations left out and it's black or white so to speak. Shouldn't be a problem. I don't think the IM240 emission test ever got up your way and being a commercial should be quiet easy.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I have heard of Athol but he is nearly twice the distance of Glenn so that's the main reason I chose Glenn, the previous guy you might know, Bob Mackey, dad actually went to UNI with him and worked together for a while or something like that, and many years ago he approved the FE Sedan dad had with a 202 turbo and 5 speed in it :)
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Charlescrown »

No don't know him. There were a lot of engineers that were not on the RTA list and if he was from IEAust I wouldn't know him. I was involved with the SAE. I think they were the better breed as they all had a good automotive background whereas the IEAust had a degree with sometimes no car experience. It's all changed now with the RTA picking the people they want.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah not sure who he was with, I know he was on the RTA list until the recent changes, his name is actually Donald Mackey :P he is getting to retirement age though and said he didn't want to go through all the BS for the new regs ... can't say I blame him.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

well the engineer came to my place and checked out the van, he's pretty happy with everything I want to do, I just need to make sure I do steering and brake stuff a certain way and its all good!

so now I just need to get some time and then I can start working on all the stuff to complete :punk: