So I have no original ecu anymore and I'm trying to get the dash temp gauge working...
I've discovered it takes a 5v input to make it go to full and obviously half voltage for half temp so I'm wondering what I could use to convert a resistance in to a 5v output that I can adjust to get the gauge where I would like it.
Any ideas to get my gauge working would be great
vt temp gauge with aftermarket ecu
-
Jervies
- Posts: 199
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
- cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor - Location: Victoria
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: vt temp gauge with aftermarket ecu
Can use a voltage divider to get a voltage that varies with resistance. But a temp sender is normally very non-linear.
I didnt know the temp gauge of the VT cluster even had a pin on the connector? It was driven by ALDL in a VT.
I didnt know the temp gauge of the VT cluster even had a pin on the connector? It was driven by ALDL in a VT.
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: vt temp gauge with aftermarket ecu
May be easier to find a sender that matches the stock thread pitch but has the appropriate range
http://www.tridon.com.au/pageBANK/docum ... Switch.pdf
The original part is TCS070 with 3/8 18npt thread
http://www.tridon.com.au/pageBANK/docum ... Switch.pdf
The original part is TCS070 with 3/8 18npt thread
-
Jervies
- Posts: 199
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
- cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor - Location: Victoria
Re: vt temp gauge with aftermarket ecu
VL400 it doesn't have a pin on the loom nor does the engine light and oil pressure light that I have hooked up now 
A voltage divider looks like it could work I have no idea where to start to set one up though, I'm not to conserned how linear it is just that I get some form of temp indication
A voltage divider looks like it could work I have no idea where to start to set one up though, I'm not to conserned how linear it is just that I get some form of temp indication