Yeh im not sure what the go is with innovate, ive had 2 ppl with the same thing happen to, there now on 14point7 kits with no issues. The current innovate kits also seem to have grounding issues, ive had to cut the earth wires on the sensors and ground elsewhere otherwise the readings seem to go stupid at timesimmortality wrote:Mine arrived in just over a week (last week), I did get a spartan unit because I was fed up with the Innovative, to bulky, and has now killed 2 sensors. I wonder if I got the last of his stock
Best wideband
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Best wideband
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Best wideband
Not sure, Delco thinks my sensors may be ok with another brand WB controller. That would be nice, one sensor just never worked with the Innovative LC-1 and the other only lasted about 15,000km's in the missus and I think it started reading incorrectly a while before that even.The1 wrote:Yeh im not sure what the go is with innovate, ive had 2 ppl with the same thing happen to, there now on 14point7 kits with no issues. The current innovate kits also seem to have grounding issues, ive had to cut the earth wires on the sensors and ground elsewhere otherwise the readings seem to go stupid at timesimmortality wrote:Mine arrived in just over a week (last week), I did get a spartan unit because I was fed up with the Innovative, to bulky, and has now killed 2 sensors. I wonder if I got the last of his stock
My last sensor seemed to be reading stupidly rich with the LC-1.
Last edited by immortality on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Best wideband
Yep, spartan controller and WB sensor. I think it was US$125Fireblade.954 wrote:How much did u pay mate? Did u get the sensor off them too?
If you buy a controller from him he sells the O2 sensor cheaper (US$50) to go with it. US$75 for Bosch 4.2 WB O2 sensor only (If I remember correctly).
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Best wideband
Just for the record im still happy with the innovate mtx-l. But 14point7 is fine too.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Best wideband
prob on a older one?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Best wideband
Installed about this time last year
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Best wideband
yeh most of the issues are this year, did have one late last year.
-
trikky73
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 am
- cars: VS V6 Sedan
Re: Best wideband
I have not had any issue with my MTX-L either
maybe it is just the LC-1 that was having issues
I noticed that they don't seem to have the LC-1 listed anymore, now have a LC-2 listed
maybe it is just the LC-1 that was having issues
I noticed that they don't seem to have the LC-1 listed anymore, now have a LC-2 listed
-
vc81
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am
- cars: vn v6
Re: Best wideband
I had trouble with earthing with my mtx-l as well. Kept getting different readings from the mtx-l gauge to the reading on the tunerpro dash.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Best wideband
I have had no issues with the MTX-L or LC-1 other than a dropped sensor 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread