CF Bedford Van
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Bedford CF Van
awesome can move foward now and get a plan sorted
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Bedford CF Van
just purchased some brake adaptor hubs, vb-vp commodore to suit VT twin piston brakes, so the plan is to hopefully get them on the stubs with falcon bearings apparently, then once they are sorted I can start working on the adaptor plates to hold the calipers!
haven't done too much other than that, been too busy with other stuff, but hopefully that will change soon, really want to dedicate more time to this beast!
haven't done too much other than that, been too busy with other stuff, but hopefully that will change soon, really want to dedicate more time to this beast!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Bedford CF Van
like these?


-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Bedford CF Van
VT brakes work well. I dont no your whole plans but from experience it's well worth fitting the VT master and booster. Makes the world of difference.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Bedford CF Van
Totally agree, upgraded to VT calipers using a standard VL booster with 1" 1/16 custom master cyl and recently changed to a VS booster with VT master cyl and its like night and day. No more sponge!!
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Bedford CF Van
if you are using vn-vp MC and booster, grab a VR/VS VH512 dual diaphragm booster, basically same as VT one but in VN-VP format.
1" VN MC also helps bring the pedal a bit firmer and less travel.
from my VP to my VR, the only difference is the VH512 and the rest is stock, its miles better.
1" VN MC also helps bring the pedal a bit firmer and less travel.
from my VP to my VR, the only difference is the VH512 and the rest is stock, its miles better.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Bedford CF Van
That will make a difference. I have the VZ 330/315 set up with C5 Calipers (similair to vt) on my VR V8. I originally kept the VR dual diaghram booster and fitted a 1" master with braided line ALL round. Was better after the 1" was fitted but it got the better of me and i went the VT master/ booster and is now fantastic!
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Bedford CF Van
what size is a VT mc?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Bedford CF Van
Stepped bore, 1" to 1.25" with a fast fill valve. The 1.25 is at the rear and on these the frontsd are fed from the rear.
VS is a 7/8th bore with a fast fill valve (smaller than vt fast fill)
And VT booster gives a 4:1 boost i think. More than all previous models anyway. But firewall stud pattern is different.
I made a new bracket for booster to firewall.
Been a long time since i played with brakes. This conversion took some nutting out a long time ago so hope my figures are right. (pretty sure)
VS is a 7/8th bore with a fast fill valve (smaller than vt fast fill)
And VT booster gives a 4:1 boost i think. More than all previous models anyway. But firewall stud pattern is different.
I made a new bracket for booster to firewall.
Been a long time since i played with brakes. This conversion took some nutting out a long time ago so hope my figures are right. (pretty sure)
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Bedford CF Van
so VT has reduced effort to rear brakes verses the front?
I got all my brake stuff sitting in a box ready to go, just need a mint car for it to go on (other than the VR)
I got all my brake stuff sitting in a box ready to go, just need a mint car for it to go on (other than the VR)