No worries, will take the belt off.
Unfortunately there was 230000 ks on it. I thought it was 140000 but dash told otherwise when I powered it up. So maybe I should do timing chain and oil pump. Then again I may just leave it and just put it in the WB and drive it and do a engine and gearbox rebuild next year or two.
Found a couple of engine and gearbox rebuild kits on ebay but not sure if they're any good.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TURBO-700-4L ... 1c44b3b879
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chevy-Pontia ... 233c57eb64
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-LS1-5 ... 2a41f31f02
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ACL-RACE-SER ... 27d9159c86
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HASTING-PIST ... 1e6d88e5f0
Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into WB
-
Bart
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am
- cars: Torana, Statesman
-
Bart
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am
- cars: Torana, Statesman
-
Bart
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am
- cars: Torana, Statesman
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W
That looks alright! very nice quality by the looks of it.
-
Bart
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am
- cars: Torana, Statesman
Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W
Thanks mate. Ill fit it on today
-
Bart
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am
- cars: Torana, Statesman
Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W
Hi guys its been a while.
In between other projects I have finally come to the point of starting up the LS1/WB Statesman.
I have basically wired up the computer the same way as it was in the Commodore but no go. Got fuel but old, sprayed some new fuel in the intake hoping to get a pop but nothing.
I got the 12v on pin 20, 57 and I think pin 19 off memory? 61 Ground? off memory but basically the same as it was in the Commodore when it started a few months back.
The only obvious difference is the fuel pumps are running direct off the 12v not from the computer pin 9. Wondering if this is an issue?
Thanks guys
In between other projects I have finally come to the point of starting up the LS1/WB Statesman.
I have basically wired up the computer the same way as it was in the Commodore but no go. Got fuel but old, sprayed some new fuel in the intake hoping to get a pop but nothing.
I got the 12v on pin 20, 57 and I think pin 19 off memory? 61 Ground? off memory but basically the same as it was in the Commodore when it started a few months back.
The only obvious difference is the fuel pumps are running direct off the 12v not from the computer pin 9. Wondering if this is an issue?
Thanks guys
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W
I wouldnt recommend running the pumps of the power, as in accident the pumps will keep going even if the engine stops.
I would suggest you wire up the OBD port (12v, signal ground, data ground, and VPW), and use something like an elm to log data from the PCM as that should provide some insight in to what signals it is and isnt seeing.
I would suggest you wire up the OBD port (12v, signal ground, data ground, and VPW), and use something like an elm to log data from the PCM as that should provide some insight in to what signals it is and isnt seeing.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W
are you using just the PCM ? if so its VATS disabled ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Bart
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am
- cars: Torana, Statesman
Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W
VATS is disabled.
I got the PCM and 4l65E controller with gbox
I wired the pumps this way just to start it. But good point
I got the PCM and 4l65E controller with gbox
I wired the pumps this way just to start it. But good point
-
Bart
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 am
- cars: Torana, Statesman
Re: Engine conversion. VY engine/gearbox and computer into W
Gbox controller is plugged in





