My Delcoed Rides

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by yoda69 »

Think we need to start a new thread for fastest 1/4 mile times for an 808 powered car running 12P.
Looks like holden202 holds the current record with an awesome mid 10s pass.
Fantastic result for both him and VL400, this is what the DIY stuff is all about.
:thumbup:
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by HQ355 »

Yep it's a very good time for an old 202 ! It would be fantastic if you could rego it and blow away all those jap things at the lights, that'd be fun
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

hahahah yeah would love to rego it, but I dare say it would probably cause me more bad than good driving it on the street :P
monaro308
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 am
cars: HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by monaro308 »

Geezuz congrats to you 202T on that time :thumbup:
We should all pool in some bucks for that race suit and see you hit the 9's
Also :thumbup: to VL400
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

heh thanks :) happy to take donations!

I've been reading the andra rule book to see what i'm in for, i'm not 100% sure but I have a feeling I need a ballistic blanket for the transmission too ... so the list is definitely growing lol!!

I have boots and gloves that I bought a while back, I need to make sure they meet the SFI requirements now too - sure hope they do!
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by VL400 »

Can get steel scatter shields that bolt around the gbox, can run them instead of a blanket if its easier.

The tailshaft loop requirements change after cutting the floor, but it may depend on how far back you needed to cut.

Might also need to check what arm restraints you need too.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I already have arm restraints, andra tech inspector said I needed them ....

the cuts in the floor are around the gearbox and not in the tailshaft area, but yeah I have read about big heavy tailshaft covering tubes! not really keen on that unless its mandatory!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by Holden202T »

needed to boost moral before the Gunnedah drags :) (maybe there wasn't a moral issue)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wswdO8rJLFw[/youtube]
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by delcowizzid »

sounds mean as fuck mate LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
redbaron
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 am
cars: turbo v6 vp drag car
Supercharged v6 vx
Vl 308

Re: My Delcoed Rides

Post by redbaron »

loves a good skid nice work