It's not about comfort. I'm 100kg and a bit of a unit so expect people o laugh as I try n squeeze past the cage side intrusions but once in this thing will be mental!!!
There's respect for power and a more able chassis than my driving skills so will just try n enjoy it N/A for a while before fabbing the turbo manifolds. This car lapped Winton at 1:40 when it only had the 70rwkw 4cyl. Handling is where it's at
yeah I mean heritage is older than 80s, shouldn't be classic club plates?
you need engineering certs as well for club plates now if anything other than standard. I need to do the same for my VP but need to wait 2.5 years yet possibly 7.5 years if they bring in the 30 year older rule.
Rolla is about ready for paint after chassis work and replacing the floor pan and tunnel with something more T56 friendly. Many improvements were made on the cage along the way too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nice. Lots of work gone on there. Are you using Watts Link or Panhard rod?
We now have a lovely category for old cars. Modified MMMM love it Modified Historic Vehicles.
Charlescrown wrote:Nice. Lots of work gone on there. Are you using Watts Link or Panhard rod?
We now have a lovely category for old cars. Modified MMMM love it Modified Historic Vehicles.
Panhard for now as I don't want any deviations from getting it on the track asap. Once the car is running I'm keen to implement a watts link for sure!
I've got a TA performance diff hat with the mains caps stud reinforcement going on. Keen to adapt a falcon watts link set up to it later and will be a walk in the park most likely to do so. Aero is the biggest head ache atm and the budget isn't there for anything fancy so will most likely TIG out of alloy sheet until I get my carbon skills better
Last edited by krusty on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re worked the space limiting side intrusions in favour of Nascar side bars cos I actually got claustrophobic once we final fitted the seats with the old straight side bars.
Chopped the inner doors out and all side glass is gone ready for plexi to go in. A bit of weight saving but gotta be comfy cos the wheel will be swinging hard under power lol
8.jpg
14958928_10155437975222586_324045490_o.jpg
14963516_10155437975382586_965842595_o.jpg
15008027_10155437975527586_1389454856_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by krusty on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NASKE70?
nice work. that thing is going to be hella stiff mate.
the idea with the bars in the door space is great, no intruding on your space while you are peddling. nice one.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.