you shouldn't need a radio anyways if you have a decent exhaust note
Toyota Powered VL Calais
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
yeah I agree, just had a good read!!
you shouldn't need a radio anyways if you have a decent exhaust note
you shouldn't need a radio anyways if you have a decent exhaust note
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
"toalan" is Alan To, the man behind 14point7. Its interesting the comments about the copy&paste circuitry in the LC-1, LC-2 and MTX-L. I wonder if Klaus is still with Innovate
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
I believe he is the one Alan mentiond left and took with the knowledge.
There is no innovate support forum anymore either.
There is no innovate support forum anymore either.
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
I suspected so. I guess thats the end of the 'innovat'ion then and ontop more copy and paste engineering with nice cases
. I noticed sometime in the late 2000's the technical articles stopped as well.
Its interesting Alan mentions the Techedge widebands were slow, I've found mine to be the fastest out of Autronics, Innovate and PLX
Its interesting Alan mentions the Techedge widebands were slow, I've found mine to be the fastest out of Autronics, Innovate and PLX
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
Spartan arrived today
Wired it up and looks good in the startup sequencing, top orange WB is the wideband PCM input while the bottom red is the logger aux input. Blue bottom is the MTX-L on the logger...
AFAIK, it should sequence 13.33 then 16.66 for 5 seconds each. Maybe 14point7 has changed it slightly as its shorter than 5 seconds and also looks like a 15.0 in there too. In any case, happy with how close it is and how stable it is. Note the nearly 0.1 AFR variance and offset of the MTX-L outputting what was meant to be a stable 15.0 AFR during warmup.
AFAIK, it should sequence 13.33 then 16.66 for 5 seconds each. Maybe 14point7 has changed it slightly as its shorter than 5 seconds and also looks like a 15.0 in there too. In any case, happy with how close it is and how stable it is. Note the nearly 0.1 AFR variance and offset of the MTX-L outputting what was meant to be a stable 15.0 AFR during warmup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
Mine is less than 5 seconds as well. I think my instructions say 10.00 13.30 16.60 20.00 from memory.
And my xdf 0v 5v is something like 9.90 and 21.10 to get this reading in my logs. Im not on my laptop to double check these figures sorry.
And my xdf 0v 5v is something like 9.90 and 21.10 to get this reading in my logs. Im not on my laptop to double check these figures sorry.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
thats about what I got on mineDylan wrote:Mine is less than 5 seconds as well. I think my instructions say 10.00 13.30 16.60 20.00 from memory.
And my xdf 0v 5v is something like 9.90 and 21.10 to get this reading in my logs. Im not on my laptop to double check these figures sorry.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
Thats some big offsets needed to get accurate numbers! Am still using 10 and 20 for the above.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
I hope I'm doing it right. I read the instructions as that output sequencer being like a calibration tool?
It outputs say 2.5v to simulate an AFR of 16.6 and I adjust my software to match?
I'm very open to suggestion's here it was my 1 and only time setting up anything like this.
It outputs say 2.5v to simulate an AFR of 16.6 and I adjust my software to match?
I'm very open to suggestion's here it was my 1 and only time setting up anything like this.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Toyota Powered VL Calais
You have it correct, the idea is to use the known output voltages to get the ECU reading the AFR correct by adjusting the two AFR voltage settings in 11P/12P. Was just surprised it was out by 1 AFR point.