Sc14 to buick and e85
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
So you turn AE off? How do you do that?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Steady state tuning, and let things stabilise before making a change.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
So there's no way to know is AE is affecting The injector BPW? Sorry for the dumb questions.VL400 wrote:Steady state tuning, and let things stabilise before making a change.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
AE only comes into play usually with fast increase in TPS etc, so if you slowly increase the throttle to the load point you want and wait for a second or two you can safely say theres no AE at play, hold that load point, adjust the ve table cell, then move to the next cell, you wont need much more tps to move from 60-70kpa for example and more than likely wont even activate AE for that .....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
yep and rather than just adjust one cell smooth the cells around it too so you dont end up getting spikes. then you can see if the whole area is close or not. Once it is, you can fine tune to the individual cell level.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Thanks guys. I have to say, I'm really looking forward to tuning it on the dyno. Took it for a sneaky drive last weekend, first time since the last lot of upgrades, and it's an absolute ball tearer. I can only imagine with a couple of hours on the dyno, it's only going to get better. Lots and lots of torque.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
I need some help again. I was playing with the car again yesterday afternoon, and I noticed that the data trace was sitting in the 100 kpa cell at idle, but the map sensor was reading about 35 kpa. This confused me somewhat, I also noticed that the commanded AFR did not match the correct cell in the AFR lookup table.
Now, maybe it was a little stupid, but, I changed the flags to 1 bar MAP and the engine stopped (as I expected), but when I changed it back to 2 bar, the idle was very high (about 1600) the IAC was showing around 120 steps and the TPS was showing 1.26% even though it was completely closed. With the ignition on but the engine not running the TPS shows 0. I am confused. I even tried loading the standard ANPX bin and still had the same issues. Can anyone help?
Also, is there anyway that you can find out exactly what tables/scalars are at play at any one time?
Thanks
Now, maybe it was a little stupid, but, I changed the flags to 1 bar MAP and the engine stopped (as I expected), but when I changed it back to 2 bar, the idle was very high (about 1600) the IAC was showing around 120 steps and the TPS was showing 1.26% even though it was completely closed. With the ignition on but the engine not running the TPS shows 0. I am confused. I even tried loading the standard ANPX bin and still had the same issues. Can anyone help?
Also, is there anyway that you can find out exactly what tables/scalars are at play at any one time?
Thanks
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
I'd say double check you are using the correct xdf/adx etc to suit the version of code your running, and if its not right then, there might be something corrupted in your tune or something.....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Ahh. I think I had the wrong ADX. What is the path back?Holden202T wrote:I'd say double check you are using the correct xdf/adx etc to suit the version of code your running, and if its not right then, there might be something corrupted in your tune or something.....
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
path back ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread