Sc14 to buick and e85

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Holden202T wrote:path back ?
It's okay, I think I have have it. I have selected the correct adx file, and then started with a default bin file and compared it to my corrupted one, and changed all the settings to match. When I used the difference tool there were a bunch of parameters that were labeled " undefined", so i'm pretty sure that you are correct that I have corrupted the bin.

I will test tonight when I get home. I'm thinking I will have to use the flash tool to rewrite the bin to the pcm?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Holden202T »

yeah that would be the best bet, do a complete write bin of a stock file, then do a write cal of your changed file that should get it back to happy.

there are un-defined items that may show up, but depending where they are will determine what the issue is or if its normal.

either way, get a fresh bin in there, make sure your using the right adx and xdf to suit the code then see if you still have funky sensor readings.

if the adx is the right one for the tune your logging there should be no issues with sensor readings and if that's the case, then the only thing that can really cause issues with the trace bubble is if the adx is not setup properly to display it.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by VL400 »

TdracerTd wrote:I need some help again. I was playing with the car again yesterday afternoon, and I noticed that the data trace was sitting in the 100 kpa cell at idle, but the map sensor was reading about 35 kpa. This confused me somewhat, I also noticed that the commanded AFR did not match the correct cell in the AFR lookup table.
Sounds like there is no issue with your actual engine, its just an ADX or XDF issue. What version 12P are you using, and which ADX so I can test it.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

VL400 wrote:
TdracerTd wrote:I need some help again. I was playing with the car again yesterday afternoon, and I noticed that the data trace was sitting in the 100 kpa cell at idle, but the map sensor was reading about 35 kpa. This confused me somewhat, I also noticed that the commanded AFR did not match the correct cell in the AFR lookup table.
Sounds like there is no issue with your actual engine, its just an ADX or XDF issue. What version 12P are you using, and which ADX so I can test it.
Hi vl, it's v112. The adx I was using is definately wrong, I will start off with the stock petrol adx for 112 now, but I was definately using the v112 xdf.

I didn't have this problem until I went to 112, and I have some dyno time booked for Tuesday, is it possible to go back to v111 on my ecu and then migrate the tune later? I tried to flash my old bin back on the pcm when the problem occurred, just to eliminate it as the cause of my problem, but the flash tool wouldn't let me, said they were on different versions.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Holden202T »

yeah can certainly roll back then update after the dyno.

VL400 will be able to confirm, but you might not be able to flash backwards, might need to use eprom programmer for that one.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by VL400 »

Should be able to roll back a version, but you cant use your migrated cal.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by VL400 »

Tested and yes no problem rolling V112 back to V111 with the as released Flashtool.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Sweet. Thanks VL.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Okay, so, not sure what happened on Wednesday arvo, probably that I was using the wrong adx is the reason the data trace wasn't working, but, would just a bad adx corrupt the bin? I though that it only handled data coming from the pcm???

Anyway long story short, re flashed it today, tidied everything up, all on v112, with absolutely no issues, and I think I'm ready for the dyno on Tuesday.

I just want to say what an awesome resource this site is and thanks for all the help.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by VL400 »

:thumbup:

A bad ADX wont corrupt your bin, using the wrong XDF can. But using the wrong ADX, if it connects, will make the data your logging look very wrong.