CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by vlad01 »

Dazza92VP wrote:no it does vp you have to use the vn and it gives options for vp vq and vn guards tail light and so on
doesn't have vp bumpers or bonnet or boot and moulding, only guards, lights and rear garnish option.

bumpers are the main defining features of VP, thats why VN were so ugly coz of the shit bumper they had :lol:

I did one of my car but it looked retarded with vn bits on it.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I have heard the bedfords steering geometry is not that flash to begin with, but im not that keen to go messing with different racks and mounts, theres quite a few options out there for electric power steering, something i'll probably look at down the track if needs be, I've seen a few options which need a speed sensor input that then allows them to vary the load at higher speeds and if I did it that would be my preferred option!

its one of the things I love about my holden cruze, its SOOOO light in car parks but nice and heavy at freeway speeds, its really is a great advancement in power steering :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

feeling pretty productive this weekend :) cut down some trees (I wont bore you with that hehe) and got stuck into the floor supports for the engine hole, pretty happy with the outcome, and even though its just pop riveted in at the moment the floor is so strong now!
P1120419.JPG
P1120420.JPG
P1120421.JPG
P1120422.JPG
also got the steering column lower mount pretty well sussed out and tack welded in place!
P1120423.JPG
will have to fill up a few spots where the original shifter went (at the back where you can see the steel bar exposed) and then its just about done for that part of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by VL400 »

That is a very productive weekend!!

Its a very large hole when you see where the column ends up going through the floor.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by delcowizzid »

love the over engineering looks strong as hell good effort
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

VL400 - yeah your not wrong, and it doesn't leave a lot of room for feet compared to your average family car! just lucky its an auto cause the clutch is normally on the left of the column!

I sure hope the engineer agrees delcowizzid :D
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

so I started on the T700 rebuild today! have had the parts for months, good to finally have it happening.

Managed to get all the case and parts washed up and did all the clutch packs and piston seals, just had a bit of an issue with the sprag falling apart with I removed it from the part it goes inside of, so I have to get a new one of them before I can do too much more.

general run down of mods, is going to be for towing so went for the tow/rv option clutch kit, apparently its good for 500hp so should be plenty for my needs, and put in a .570 boost valve, as well as corvette 1-2 servo and upgraded 3-4 servo and also used a TCI trans kit to give the slightly firmer shifts and extra pressures needed for the towing duties, other than that just service and renew/replace all seals and such.
User avatar
DanWA
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:14 am
cars: LS1 LX Torana, VX2 R8 15th Anniversary, VT Wagon L67
Location: Southwest W.A

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by DanWA »

Love this project!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by immortality »

Agreed, it's a great project. Plenty of no fuss engineering going on too.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Charlescrown »

I love the great work your doing and as an engineer your doing a fantastic job but its looking like you only need a right leg to drive it.
Where do you intend to put your left leg??