holden hz 350 overlander conversion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
gaza_2
cars: VH sle 5.0 injected
Hj panel van project
80 series landcruisern1FZFE

Re: holden hz 350 overlander conversion

Post by gaza_2 »

hey mate a useless bit of info but to let you know you aren't the only one.
i remember I had an old wb panel van which was on gas and I had the same issue due to a slack ignition return spring, pretty much would start the die due to the key not returning to the on position fully, when I first bought it I ran the batteryflat tring to start it haha. Was fun when I lent it out too.
cheers gareth
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

ive set the static dizzy timing but now ive got issues with the idle is hunting iac is pretty steady except for when stall saver kicks but spark is varying between 28 degrees to 17 degrees some times if someone could just take a look at it and maybe spot something ive missed oh and forget the o2 sensor not doing anything its not plugged in gotta wait till the exhaust is made for it
Attachments
hunting.xdl
(53.93 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
OSE $12P V111 todd overlander 350chev.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

it looks ok to me from whats in the log, so I suspect the fueling is out and its just struggling, but with no o2 and no wideband your flying blind so thats just a guess.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

That's what I thought I made it a little bit richer in the idle area and it did help a little with the hunting we'll have to get that exhaust sorted soon
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

so bit of an update on this one its been a while now but things have been progressing. got the interior redone seats reupholstered dynamat under the flooring and inside of the doors as well as up the back of the cab. kick panels and door trims done we also fitted power windows managed to find some good working hx regs. still have a few small things to finish off as well as shorten the tray 100mm as its a little to long with the bullbar on to fit in his shed and the number plate and reverse lights are mounted on the chassis as well and they are over 300mm under the tray too far for passing pits and have to bend the transfer box gear sticks as we cant put it into low range for either front or rear as it hits the lower dash panel half way through the gate. as for tuning not too much has progressed here have sort of fixed the hunting issue a bit by using the idle spark control map instead of main spark map for idle and playing around with the ve map but still stabbing in the dark until i get a new spartan wideband controller as my slc kit decided to pack it in then i can really get things under way. there is light at the end of the tunnel though and its not to far away cant wait to take it for the first lap around the block although it doesn't seem to drive to badly it drove on and off of the back of the tow truck with no issues and around the back to my shed with no issues so definitely a start
Attachments
IMG_0697[1].JPG
IMG_0697[1].JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
IMG_0696[1].JPG
IMG_0696[1].JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
IMG_0695[1].JPG
IMG_0695[1].JPG (2.46 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
IMG_0692[1].JPG
IMG_0692[1].JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
IMG_0691[1].JPG
IMG_0691[1].JPG (2.63 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
IMG_0690[1].JPG
IMG_0690[1].JPG (2.76 MiB) Viewed 4934 times
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

hey guys if someone wouldnt mind having a look at the log and bin for me but the car is still hunting a little bit all the way though warm up and also at operating temp i managed to sort it out almost by using the idle spark advance table as it was bouncing around a lot using the main spark table but im still getting a stalling issue is idles for a little while then just stalls out i can see anything out of the usual just before it stall but maybe someone else can
ive uploaded the bin as well as a warm up log and a quick shot of just the stall once almost up to full operating temp couldnt get a full operating temp was starting to get smogged out in the shed.
the adx is petrol 3bar
Attachments
warm up.xdl
(108.71 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
stall.xdl
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
OSE $12P V112 overlander 350chev.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Had a quick look at tge stalling log. It's not to bad untill after it goes into idle mode and the vac drops then it looks to go lean as tge O2 volts dtop heaps.
Hard without a wide band.

Could try setting it to idle at 14.7 and work on the VE tokerp the O2 voltage at 450mv.