KE70 project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: KE70 project

Post by delcowizzid »

I already have some of there gear have lca spacers for my ridiculous ride height chop lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: KE70 project

Post by krusty »

The nugget got some bling yesterday. Now I know it all fits in a way it can be made to work I'll start looking at fabbing engine mount stays. Keen to use TTT Performance V6 semi solid mounts as they are strong yet offer some cushion from NVH

Image
Image

Plenty of room for a 4" dump once I get rid of that 4K mount stay. Happy days :thumbup:

Image
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: KE70 project

Post by immortality »

snug as a bug.

More room than a VS bay :(
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: KE70 project

Post by delcowizzid »

my starlets the same so much room everywhere lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: KE70 project

Post by vlad01 »

Nice!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: KE70 project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah the forward facing pipes certainly make the exhaust side of things work out nicely!

definitely not going to be able to close the bonnet without a scoop though by the looks of it hehe :)
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: KE70 project

Post by krusty »

Holden202T wrote:yeah the forward facing pipes certainly make the exhaust side of things work out nicely!

definitely not going to be able to close the bonnet without a scoop though by the looks of it hehe :)
The sump is getting in the way of the engine sitting both back further and lower. Looking at ideas and am leaning towards a modded Buick pan but hard to throw away the rigid alloy castie of a VY motor. Possibly will cut the alloy one but haven't had much luck welding alloy pans as far as porosity goes.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: KE70 project

Post by delcowizzid »

The oil pan is the pain in my arse too as I set my engine back as far as I could.my mate's corolla runs stock sump but the engines to far toward for my liking.almost ready to do a tube crossmember so I can get a decient volume of oil in it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: KE70 project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah when i put the ecotec in the torana i use the vn/vr pan so i could easily cut and shut it to suit rear pan sump! i wasn't too worried about strength though as not boosting :P
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: KE70 project

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:The oil pan is the pain in my arse too as I set my engine back as far as I could.my mate's corolla runs stock sump but the engines to far toward for my liking.almost ready to do a tube crossmember so I can get a decient volume of oil in it

Now that's am effin good idea! Hmmmmmmm :idea: