WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by Dylan »

I'm after one of the famous GQ-4X burners. The Australian stockist I found wont answer emails and I thought someone might have one to part with?
I'm prepared to buy brand new so id like one in EXCELLENT condition.

Let me know what you have, if anything

Thanks
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by Dylan »

Got one! Supplier got back to me.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by antus »

I didnt know there was an Australian stockist! I grabbed mine direct from MCUMall.com
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by Dylan »

$129 with express delivered http://darkwire.com.au/

From mcumall ebay store its $99 with slow delivery from Canada or $129 with fast delivery.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by antus »

Interesting. It took a bit to find it but eventually found them listed on the mcumall.com page so good to know they're official (and thus not pushing clones).

I found this programmer on their page too. Ive just installed the software and it appears to support a lot of devices, including the nvrams and sst/winbond eeproms we use. I'd be interested to try one of these. Looks like real USB too.

http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/minipro_tl866a.html

Edit: even better - this version http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/minipro_tl866cs.html

No ICSP but that wouldn't matter for most people.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by Dylan »

Keeps getting cheaper. For my own piece of mind is the GQ4X a better device than these?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by antus »

I know the GQ-4x is a good device. Mines been rock solid since day one and it works well. Ive never seen or used the cheaper one and its from a Chinese company. GQ-4x is Canadian. I'd be interested to hear if someone has the cheaper one their experience with it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by vlad01 »

GQ4X is awesome.

Its really good quality and super easy to use. I highly recommend it.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by Dylan »

Im going to get a memcal adapter off The1 hopefully. Looke like making life easy and get some EEPROMS so no uv eraser needed. Just waiting to hear back from him.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: WTB: A Willem GQ-4X Burner

Post by vs ss »

I use eeproms with the1s adapters, talk about making life sooo much easier.
Oh an btw I have the chinese topwin programmer and have been using it for four years no problems and it has supported every chip I have throwin at it.

Cheers.