VY L67 tuning options

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

VY L67 tuning options

Post by krusty »

Hope I'm not reposting a topic here but I'll ask anyway. I'm having trouble finding info on tuning for the VY series L67.

They still run DDRH ECU but have a different protocol or programming language apparently? Correct me if I'm wrong or post some links to help me out because it's all new to me so the more info the merrier

Cheers, Krusty
delcowizzid

Re: VY L67 tuning options

Post by delcowizzid »

just the same as VT same ecu as vt sc and NA same memcal just different tune could run a vt tune with vats off and should run fine
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

it should run with the VT tune but your dash features wont work as the data lists are different. Its still a memcal PCM tho so its easy enough to read out and program
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Delco, what is VATS? What's tp stop me using Tunepro with a real time board and would it be as effective as something like Kalmaker?

I've been told that Tunepro or the other freeware tune software isn't capable of tuning VY. Just trying to nut it out is all
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

VATS = Vehicle Anti Theft System. But as ejukated pointed out, the dash will not work so stick with a VY program - its not much different to a VT program anyway.

TP can edit it fine, the issue will be getting an XDF for TP that defines all the tunable items you want. The VY supercharged PCM is no different to any other in terms of TP being able to edit items. The VX/VY NA V6 PCM is different in that it has no memcal, but we can extract the bin from that now and TP can edit it.

The other things is there is no free bin available that has the realtime code in it yet, kalmaker is the only realtime solution for now. You can still convert your memcal to use a EEPROM or just UV erase and program the EPROM in your memcal.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

With a bit of fiddling it is possible to realtime tune with an Ostrich 2.
As far as the xdf goes, I've been looking at the various different variants and it appears that while the code changes all the data is in the same place. With these the one xdf will work on both.
The VY's xdf will be different to the one I've already posted for VT, but it appears that some tables have been offset.
What I'm finding is that nearly all the transmission data is in the same place but the engine data has been offset by between 1 to about 8 bytes, they appear to have randomly added and subtracted bytes in the engine area, so it varies throught out but is close.

Where this becomes a large job, is the more xdf I have out the more I have to update as more information becomes available, hence the reason I have been concentrating on Variant F.

Hope this helps,
yoda69