CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

thanks guys, glad you like it :)

left leg ... around the steering column :P

it is going to be a bit snug, but the column is going to be far enough away that I don't think it will be a big issue, also there's no other way to fit a V8 so yeah :)

G-Force Performance has come through for me again - its where I normally dyno the Gemini and he is a qualified tranny rebuilder, he had a new lo/reverse T700 sprag on the shelf .... he closed down till the 12th jan about 1hr after I picked up the sprag!

so hopefully in the next few days will get it in then the rest can progress!
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by delcowizzid »

left foot on dash LOL or in a cutout in the engine cover beside the colomn
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
monaro308
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 am
cars: HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by monaro308 »

Left foot can operate the throttle plate via FBF.....fly by foot :D

Looking the goods there 202,luvin' it.

There might be a mad rush on Bedford vans after this build.
Tbere is a yard in Dandenong that's been full of vans ie Bedford,transits etc for as long as I can remember (30 odd years)but I have never seen a soul operating from it.
Vans just come and go, well I think they come and go,but its as if time has stood still driving past it for 30 years.
They are squeezed together so tight.....might have to take a piccy one day.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

hahaha :)

if your interested in seeing more of these http://www.buga.com.au is the Bedford user group of Australia :) plenty of them in all shapes and sizes, long and short wheel base, v8's, v6's, falcon and Nissan 6's!

after my success with turboing the Gemini I had thought of doing the same thing with the holden 6 in the Bedford, but then I already had a 304 there ready to go which has a 4 speed auto with it and other than the motor the rest would have been similar so went for the usual v8 route, and when I had the Gemini down at the dyno the other week I also asked him about a converter for the 304 (as I don't have a suitable one for it) and we got talking about the motor, and he reckons it would be perfect if it was a 355 and also says that 355 holden motors are the go for low down power over the LS1's, definitely LS1's are good mid range to top end power but just don't seem to make the same power down low in the revs!

so feel a bit better about the motor choice :)
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by HQ355 »

Yep the holden V8 stroker was more torquey than the LS1, the VT GTS with the holden motor was quicker than the later GTS for a few years around the high speed bowl at lang lang proving ground
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

Ok heres some pics of the progress, and a quick run down on the mods...

So went for this kit http://www.trutechtrans.com/700R4-Overh ... asket.html .... this company was recommended by The1 and they were great to deal with and good kit!

I also added a new reaction shell, and accumulator pistons to the kit.

from other suppliers I got a TCI .570 boost valve and a transcat kit, which is basically a shift kit, but comes with a new separator plate, as mine was bent from improper accumulator installation and also had big holes in it for harder shifts than I want from this box!

I also got the usual corvette servo piston (1-2 shift) and also got the upgraded 3-4 shift servo (can see in the pic below the billet servo cover ;))

I am setting it up wit the tow/RV option which is just slightly firmer shifts but not too harsh, hopefully that coupled with the upgraded clutches and such should make it a slick box that lasts for towing :)

stripping out all the bits to replace and renew! most of the frictions where either well worn or burnt!
P1120429.jpg
special tools required to remove the last piston assembly.
P1120426.jpg
nice new high energy frictions going in :)
P1120431.jpg
deep in the case is the lo/reverse clutch pack and the new sprag I needed to put in!
P1120435.jpg
everything cleaned and renewed and ready to start going back in.
P1120436.jpg
P1120440.jpg
everything in and ready for the pump to go back in!
P1120442.jpg
pump after cleaning and re-assembling.
P1120444.jpg
pump fully assembled and ready to go, with new boost valve and regulator spring upgrade.
P1120446.jpg
all back together and ready for servos to go in!
P1120447.jpg
servos in and sealed up!
P1120448.jpg
next few days might not see to much progress with chrissy and all but hopefully in the next week or so i'll have the valve body done and she'll be good to go then!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by The1 »

awesome progress there mate! Dont forget a nice big cooler on the front!
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by VL400 »

Thats a good days work right there :thumbup:

The picture of the overhaul kit is a bit daunting, soooooo many parts.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by delcowizzid »

the extra wide band should only be used on a new drum or they burn up quite quickly.some companies try machine the drum flat but that tends to be fail as well due to distortion with heat
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by Holden202T »

the picture of the overhaul kit actually has a few bits that I didn't get in my kit, so must be a generic picture!

I believe this trans has been rebuild before, it looks to have a large band already in it however its not the grey material that the new one is.