Hi Festy,
I am keen to give one of your boards a go - I have an immediate application.
I don't need it packaged.
Cheers,
Matt
festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
-
UCMatt
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:00 am
- cars: VX SS Hillclimb special
2023 Audi S5
LS1 V8 UC Torana Hatch
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
I've been playing with scaling the VSS signal up and down, results are looking promising:
(blue = VSS in, yellow = scaled signal out)
PPK reduction (division): PPK increase (multiply): I'm hitting a few issues with both measuring and generating really low speed pulses, but I think I should be able to sort that out...
(blue = VSS in, yellow = scaled signal out)
PPK reduction (division): PPK increase (multiply): I'm hitting a few issues with both measuring and generating really low speed pulses, but I think I should be able to sort that out...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
yeah i too would buy a basic board and i don't need a box or anything 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
This might not look too significant, but...
The blue trace is a square wave, like a hall effect sensor would produce, and the yellow trace is the square wave output from my reluctor amp board.
This signal is being converted from a hall effect to a reluctor type, then back to a hall effect, eg. a universal converter
.
The "reluctor" waveform in between the conversion stages doesn't look much like a sine wave, but it's triggering the zero crossing detector pretty well as shown by the input and output signals staying 180* out of phase.
The blue trace is a square wave, like a hall effect sensor would produce, and the yellow trace is the square wave output from my reluctor amp board.
This signal is being converted from a hall effect to a reluctor type, then back to a hall effect, eg. a universal converter
The "reluctor" waveform in between the conversion stages doesn't look much like a sine wave, but it's triggering the zero crossing detector pretty well as shown by the input and output signals staying 180* out of phase.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
So I've been working on this in my spare time, and finally got around to installing it in my poor old Patrol yesterday. It's speedo has always read about 10km/h fast, so a perfect test candidate 
My speedo corrector can take either a hall effect or VR (reluctor) sensor as input and can emulate both types, so will work with either as well as convert signals from one sensor type to the other.
The "correction" amount is done via a pair of trimpots - one for coarse adjustments and one for fine tuning.
There's 2 adjustment ranges - roughly 3:1-1:3, and 10:1-1:10.
My Patrol uses a VR type VSS, and now reads only about 1km/h fast at 80 so I'm pretty happy with that result
My speedo corrector can take either a hall effect or VR (reluctor) sensor as input and can emulate both types, so will work with either as well as convert signals from one sensor type to the other.
The "correction" amount is done via a pair of trimpots - one for coarse adjustments and one for fine tuning.
There's 2 adjustment ranges - roughly 3:1-1:3, and 10:1-1:10.
My Patrol uses a VR type VSS, and now reads only about 1km/h fast at 80 so I'm pretty happy with that result
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
Nice work, the board has turned out well!
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
Hi Festy will you still be making these available for sale ? I'm still interested
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
yeah nice work!
1km is good enough, and a hell of a lot better than the 10 you had before!
1km is good enough, and a hell of a lot better than the 10 you had before!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
I agree, that has turned out well 
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: festy's Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
Haha thanks, but I don't think I should give up my day job any time soon thoughVL400 wrote:Nice work, the board has turned out well!
I still need to do some more testing first, I'll PM you as soon as I'm done.HQ355 wrote:Hi Festy will you still be making these available for sale ? I'm still interested
Being "only" 10km/h out already made it one of the most accurate speedos I've ever hadHolden202T wrote:1km is good enough, and a hell of a lot better than the 10 you had before!
I really didn't want it any closer, and certainly didn't want it reading slow at all...