Hey guys Im in a bit of trouble and need some help, I bought a Vn commodore shell it was originally a 5 litre I got a vs ecotec motor manual gearbox t5 manual vs wiring harness and manual vs ecu from a mate and this was a running motor.
I put it all in and I've got no injector pulse. I had the vats removed from the memcal. It runs if I spray aerostart in the throttle body. Had an electrician come and he spent 5 hours and could work it out. Any help would be appreciated thanks
Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
-
Leon
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am
- cars: 1989 Holden Vn commodore
1993 Holden VQ Statesman
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
Still sounds like vats. Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key on ?
Also do you have a multi meter.
Also do you have a multi meter.
-
Leon
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am
- cars: 1989 Holden Vn commodore
1993 Holden VQ Statesman
Re: Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
Yes it's got fuel pressure to the fuel rail fuel pump primes I've replaced both internal and external fuel pumps. Yes I have a multimeter
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
can you jumper the diagnostic pins and see if there are any codes come out ? (or use a laptop and cable if you have one)
im just trying to think back to my ecotec conversion..... if its cranking over and got fuel to the injectors, it sounds like its the computer not opening the injectors, if its properly connected and alive, then it possibly cam or crank sensor signal issues as that's about the only thing that will stop them from pulsing .....
if its not a sensor issue then more than likely the only other thing that should stop it pulsing its VATS .....
im just trying to think back to my ecotec conversion..... if its cranking over and got fuel to the injectors, it sounds like its the computer not opening the injectors, if its properly connected and alive, then it possibly cam or crank sensor signal issues as that's about the only thing that will stop them from pulsing .....
if its not a sensor issue then more than likely the only other thing that should stop it pulsing its VATS .....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
when you say fuel pump primes.... does it prime, then switch off? or do you have it connected to ignition power so it runs all the time?
-
Leon
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am
- cars: 1989 Holden Vn commodore
1993 Holden VQ Statesman
Re: Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
I've checked its got a single from crank sensor to dfi module. This was a compleate running set up out of my mates car he only pulled it out as we did a 5 litre conversion to his vs. The fuel pump primes then stops
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
Ive heard of people accidentally crushing injector wires during the install. If its not a vats problem it could be something like that. Pulling the error codes from the ecu (if there are any) would be a good start. Dash connected? Got a check engine light? Whats it doing? It sounds to me like vats also.
You said you got the VATs removed, so I take it the BCM was installed in the last car and vats was enabled there? Have you ever seen it run on that no vats memcal without the matching BCM present? I reckon it sounds like a bad memcal too.
You said you got the VATs removed, so I take it the BCM was installed in the last car and vats was enabled there? Have you ever seen it run on that no vats memcal without the matching BCM present? I reckon it sounds like a bad memcal too.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Leon
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am
- cars: 1989 Holden Vn commodore
1993 Holden VQ Statesman
Re: Vn commodore ecotec conversion no injector pulse
I installed the engine harness after the motor was in. I'll take another look at the harness. The dash is plugged in and I have the engine light on dash I'll give it a go and see if any lights come up I've ordered a diffrent memcal see if it works. thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate the help