I haven't even set the RW jumper yet, so I'm guessing I need a replacement?
Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
-
Javi
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am
- cars: '82 TF Gemini drift car
'76 TX Gemini daily
'75 Gemini Coupe. 'One day' - Location: Brisbane
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
I've tried both maps, and this is just after getting it back from Antus!
I haven't even set the RW jumper yet, so I'm guessing I need a replacement?
I haven't even set the RW jumper yet, so I'm guessing I need a replacement?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
Something I've had happen to me twice over the years is a working memcal has been senth with Australia Post and turned up non working.
Once a standard memcal other time a NVRAM. I can only guess there scanners could effect them or I'm just unlucky!
Given the VERY few times I've delt with memcals being sent maybe bad luck.
Once a standard memcal other time a NVRAM. I can only guess there scanners could effect them or I'm just unlucky!
Given the VERY few times I've delt with memcals being sent maybe bad luck.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
x rays perhaps?
-
Javi
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am
- cars: '82 TF Gemini drift car
'76 TX Gemini daily
'75 Gemini Coupe. 'One day' - Location: Brisbane
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
Google is telling me that this is a possibility. Does anyone know who I could get shipping with that won't wipe the NVRAM?vlad01 wrote:x rays perhaps?
-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
Better would be to buy a cheap EPROM programmer and burn it yourself.
Simon
Simon
-
Javi
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am
- cars: '82 TF Gemini drift car
'76 TX Gemini daily
'75 Gemini Coupe. 'One day' - Location: Brisbane
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
Would something like this do? I'm a bit lost with this whole side of it, sorry!
I would get one of those USB ones off of eBay but I need it ASAP.
I would get one of those USB ones off of eBay but I need it ASAP.
-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
I bought the G540. Here is the item number of an identical unit from the same seller. He shipped quickly too.
141524171717
Simon
141524171717
Simon
-
Javi
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am
- cars: '82 TF Gemini drift car
'76 TX Gemini daily
'75 Gemini Coupe. 'One day' - Location: Brisbane
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
Do you mean this one? Just confirming before I throw money at it hahaslewinson wrote:I bought the G540. Here is the item number of an identical unit from the same seller. He shipped quickly too.
141524171717
Simon
-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
Yep. Correct one. I run it on win7. Interface is clunky but works well.
Simon
Simon
-
Javi
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am
- cars: '82 TF Gemini drift car
'76 TX Gemini daily
'75 Gemini Coupe. 'One day' - Location: Brisbane
Re: Delco Gemini, head scratching ahoy
Alrighty, I've ordered it. Here's hoping that this sorts my problems out! I've got two cars to get going by about the 20th, so this should be rather interesting.
Thank you for your help, all!
Thank you for your help, all!