T-56 vss connector
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
T-56 vss connector
Hi does anyone know if the vss plug on the loom is shared with any other components on a commodore (or any other car in Aus) ? Also the ones for the reverse lockout solnoid and reverse light switch ? Cheers
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: T-56 vss connector
Aren't they same as the auto speedo plug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: T-56 vss connector
I just checked with a mate who done this on an old commodore running an 808.
Used the speedo plug shown above. Used a Narva plug from super cheap that fitted fine for reverse.
And the lockout he didn't run that.
Used the speedo plug shown above. Used a Narva plug from super cheap that fitted fine for reverse.
And the lockout he didn't run that.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: T-56 vss connector
if you dont power the reverse lockout you need to be superman to get into reverse LOL. I had my mate come over saying damn this is hard to get into reverse, need two hands LOL. hook up reverse lockout on a manual switch on the dash for now and it slips straight in. powering it off a flex out from 12P now.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: T-56 vss connector
Not sure what he done there I will check but definetly no wiring.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: T-56 vss connector
It's not that hard to get in reverse ! (May be if you run one of those super short shifters ?) I was going to hook up the reverse lockout off the tcc set up, that way when it gets under 8 kph it engages and you don't notice. Thanks Dylan is that just a VT auto plug ? Sorry I'm not up with the later models, cheers
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: T-56 vss connector
Yes it's a vt auto v6 loom. I've got a couple here if it helps. PM if you need one.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: T-56 vss connector
Thanks mate, il try and source one locally so I can get it up and running on the weekend and take it out for a spin without check engine light coming on and stalling occasionally coming to stop ! Is the auto vss the same as the t-56 ? Just wondering if I should get a spare at the same time as I've never used the one on my t-56, thanks for the help guys, cheers
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: T-56 vss connector
Yeah VT V6 auto VSS plug will get you going.