Vs headlight switch

Wiring diagrams and questions
VSEXEC
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:27 am
cars: VX Berlina, VS Commodore

Vs headlight switch

Post by VSEXEC »

Hi all,
I am in the process of wiring my track car and have everything on toggle switches. The last part is my headlights to go on the switch. Does anyone happen to know what wire goes where from the headlight switch. The factory wiring diagram i have shows different colours to mine. I have 2 grey, 2 black, 1 white/green trace, 1 white/ black trace, and blue. I got parkers to work with the blue wire powering the switch and one black wire. Now just need the rest to work out how to get headlights. Thanks
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Vs headlight switch

Post by Jayme »

Maybe a diagram of the acutal headlamp switch will help?
VS headlamp switch.JPG
so bridge pins 5 and 7 for parkers and 5,6,7 for headlights...
I suspect pin 6 is the headlights which also bridges parkers.


you will also need to do something with the high/low beam switch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VSEXEC
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:27 am
cars: VX Berlina, VS Commodore

Re: Vs headlight switch

Post by VSEXEC »

Thanks for the diagram, was looking for that on te net but couldnt find anything. Will give it a shot tonight and see if it works. High beams i was going to run on a momentary switch
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Vs headlight switch

Post by Jayme »

I dont think your headlights are going to work at all unless the dimmer switch is connected... might have to sus out its internal wiring too.
VSEXEC
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:27 am
cars: VX Berlina, VS Commodore

Re: Vs headlight switch

Post by VSEXEC »

I hope it works, although yesterday when i was playing around with wires i connected the high beam wire to power while the parkers where on and the headlights came on which i thought was strange