VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
CREEPYVS
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:48 pm
cars: SUPER CHARGED A2A MANUAL V6 VS SII
L67 M35
Location: Rockingham WA

VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Post by CREEPYVS »

Hi all im currently putting a VS stato 5l into my patrol and level 3 dash.
i am looking for a chip i can use so that i can tune the car with the laptop using the with ALDL interface.
I am also after the pin outs for the 379 Hi BCM as I will be using this in the 4wd for the dash to work with the trip computer.
I will need the securty switched off and the auto too as the patrol is a manual.
so far I have got he harness out of the car and i am very slowly picking my way through the harness to find out what each one does. I know i will have to wine in most of the patrol bits for the indicators hi been ect to work.

Regards Shoey
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Post by Dylan »

Does the level 3 dash really need the BCM? The ECU gives the fuel usage signal.
Need any help on the wiring for the engine?
Monarols71
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:10 am
cars: VS SS Ute
Location: "Slowbart"

Re: VS statesman 5l help for conversion

Post by Monarols71 »

As Dylan said. The ECM / PCU supplies the level 3 dash with the fuel wire for the cluster.
Here is a page out of a spreadsheet I did years ago that might help with your conversion, or any one else who wants to put a Hi series VS conversion into a vehicle.
Despite what most people think, the VR and VS series BCM's are NOT the same. The pinouts are slightly different.
VS Hi Pinouts.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.