CF Bedford Van
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: CF Bedford Van
I went VT style MC and booster and I'll never go back. Still using the original VT type reservoir. Doesn't look to bad to me.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: CF Bedford Van
VT master is stepped 1 1/16 to 1" with a fast fill valve for the front lines which are in the larger part of the bore.
The VT booster have a higher boost ratio than previous models. Great bits of gear.
The VT booster have a higher boost ratio than previous models. Great bits of gear.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
well I am looking at different options now as the one I had is now screwed
to do what I need with a commodore one I need to remove the shaft out of it and get it turned down and threaded, but the problem there is to get it out you need to fully disassemble the booster, and commodore boosters are not really made to be taken apart after assembled I found out!
so I am debating weather to even bother with it or to get a different MC to suit the Bedford booster..... .... but im also interested to know, does the VT 4 bolt firewall side fit into the holes of an earlier model commodore or are they in different locations ?
thinking maybe if the bolt holes are right and the total length is no more than the earlier model ones it will be a doable option .... now that I know what not to do when pulling them apart!
so I am debating weather to even bother with it or to get a different MC to suit the Bedford booster..... .... but im also interested to know, does the VT 4 bolt firewall side fit into the holes of an earlier model commodore or are they in different locations ?
thinking maybe if the bolt holes are right and the total length is no more than the earlier model ones it will be a doable option .... now that I know what not to do when pulling them apart!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: CF Bedford Van
They are different spacings, i have the measurements here i will hunt them up for you.
There is a company selling them commercially that are re drilled to accept pre vt fire wall bracket and with master cylinder fittings to take the older single flare lines.
And a rose joint already tapped into the shaft.
There is a company selling them commercially that are re drilled to accept pre vt fire wall bracket and with master cylinder fittings to take the older single flare lines.
And a rose joint already tapped into the shaft.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: CF Bedford Van
Ring a place in melbourne called hydroboost, he dreams boosters when he sleeps
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: CF Bedford Van
Here is thw measurements i took when fitting vt booster and master in my vr.
Fitted C5 front callipers and braided lines all round including the short one to the diff.
Brakes are awesome.
Fitted C5 front callipers and braided lines all round including the short one to the diff.
Brakes are awesome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dazza92VP
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
- cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
- Location: Perth
Re: CF Bedford Van
A lot of the guys just put a couple of cuts in the vt booster bracket and bending them in to the same as the early model one no need to buy a new bracket
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: CF Bedford Van
does the VT MC fit the earlier boosters?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
well I found a VS one I have (just the master) and it looks like the bolt holes are heaps further out than the earlier ones.
thanks for the info, I think i'll give that option a miss, as it stands I can buy the right master cylinder and have that bolt straight onto the Bedford booster, that's looking like my easiest option at this point!
thanks for the info, I think i'll give that option a miss, as it stands I can buy the right master cylinder and have that bolt straight onto the Bedford booster, that's looking like my easiest option at this point!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: CF Bedford Van
It will fit onto a VS plastic booster with a 10mm spacer which you can buy from Sydney Race Brakes.vlad01 wrote:does the VT MC fit the earlier boosters?
VS plastic booster bolts to all VS and earlier firewalls. Thats the V6 one V8 still ran the steel dual diaghram.