CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by delcowizzid »

We got the shaft cut and threaded with the booster fully assembled cost $50 including the screw on end
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by vlad01 »

ok thanks.

Ill stick to the VH512 and 1" for VT calipers.

my VR runs VH512 and stock 15/16 MC, new genuine PBR hoses and QFM pads. has a very sensitive softish pedal and stops as good as my mates VY with QFM and slotted rotors. The VR pulls 1.44G on concrete.

My VP S with VH512 and 1" and stock pads/rotors is hard as rock and does not stop for crap lol

I like a soft pedal and powerful brakes, hate hard pedals and doesn't stop, just like E series fords did lol
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

Dylan wrote:
20150223_195748.jpg
question on this ..... which side is the top ?

been doing a bit of research on the googleweb and liking the look of VT-VY booster/master has the right amount of holes in the master for what I want and they are certainly plentiful and cheap enough on ebay! ... got to check off a few things with a tape measure at the old boys place tonight then might buy one .... even if It doesn't work out, its $50 to try it :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

Fair question, narrower at the top. Aell worth the effort.
Some VT didn't have ABS so can get them in 2 port or 3 port.
Also the front port's are at the rear on these.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah that's the ones I've been looking at from the ebay pics it looks like the VT-VY are all the same (VZ only two ports and different design) and the rear port on the side is used and the rear bottom has a bung in it so figure I can use that for the two fronts :)

from the diagram you have above it looks like the side to side holes will almost line up with the Bedford holes, then I just need to change one lot of them, top or bottom by about 15-20mm less I think it will be, either way it shouldn't be too hard.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

VZ do loom different in the MC not sure on the internals. Will be worth the effort.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

well its much of a muchness as the Bedford has 2 ports stock, one front one back, but I would prefer to have seperate circuits on the front and single for the back just for neatness (I want to do all new brake lines throughout) and if the only difference is that then i'll go the VT-VY
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

Sounds like a winner. Especially if you can bolt it straight to the fire wall then you can keep the standard reservoir.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I think whichever option I choose the hardest part will be getting the shaft threaded, the rest is really easy to do with a drill/file :)
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dylan »

Mates with any cabinet makers? I've seen their horizontal drills with a small bed in front of it gor drilling dowells etc.
Shaft should be long enough yo keep the booster off the bed.
I'm sure you will work something out.