could some kind person to help a mentally retarded bloke get started with this dam electronic stuff
I'm located in the Bay of Plenty, in Te puke, I don't mind travelling out of town.
You would make me
Sorry about the delay in response, I'm a total knuckle head when it comes to using these computers. I am still struggling with the path ways on this site, but I can only get better
antus pointed me to FAQ, that really helped me heaps.
I also found info on $12p, that article was great.
I'll tell you what i'm doing, I've been steadily modifying a lada 1600, to use mainly as a club car actually it goes quite well, now i'm getting serious, i've already changed the old points dizzy , by slipping the upper guts of a Suzuki pointless ign in, ( that worked well ) But now the intake side, unfortunately, I sold a nice set of 45 dell'orto's , which means i'm down to using a constant flow Hilborne injection set I have or modifying a set of Johnson V4 outboard carbs.
Then thinking about it ... bugger it ! I'd be better off with electronic spark / fuel control
I've searched around and this Delco hack looks to be the best option, although I was keen on megasquirt, it just seemed too micky mouse in the end .
SO HERE I AM
Looks like you could advise on type of ecu, laptop, electronic wiring and plugs, constuction photos &c
Do I need a system that you can alter while driving ?