Hot FB Panel Van

V8ratrod
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:57 am
cars: 5ltr vt chaser
Fx holden
Ek Holden
Fb Holden panel van
Location: Milton nsw

Hot FB Panel Van

Post by V8ratrod »

Hi everyone I'm new here so go easy on me lol
I hope this is posted in the right spot
I'm building a FB Holden panel van with an injected 5ltr(VU eng # prefix)
as in 383 twin turbo stroker
Power glide trans an 9in diff
As it needs a full resto an I'm starting from scratch
I need as much info/help as possible as to the best set up as in
cost for computer/connectors/tuning/setup/software/wiring diagrams/general expert advice
As I am a truck mechanic an have built some hot bikes an cars in my time
but never done such a big EFI conversion before an always keen to learn
more or always help out others where I can many thx in advance
Regards Jason
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Hot FB Panel Van

Post by antus »

Hi Jason,

Best bet is to click the FAQ link up in the top right of the screen and have a read of some of the guides there. Also browse around some of the other project threads, most are under holden ecus. Its a steep learning curve, but if your willing to put in some time it can be done. Otherwise you can build it and wire it all up and get it to the point where you turn the key and it runs (badly) on the stock tune and then take it to a tuner who is familiar with delco.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
V8ratrod
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:57 am
cars: 5ltr vt chaser
Fx holden
Ek Holden
Fb Holden panel van
Location: Milton nsw

Re: Hot FB Panel Van

Post by V8ratrod »

Ok thx for your help