Sc14 to buick and e85
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
nice!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
thats a sexy looking balancer.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
It cost a pretty penny too. The good thing about it, is that it has an 8 rib, larger diameter secondary drive. With this I can run the blower on a separate 8 rib drive and also over come the limitations on the sc14 minimum pulley diameter. At a little under 3 times the cost of a standard balancer, it was a tough call.vlad01 wrote:thats a sexy looking balancer.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
can you get standard drive and rib of this type? I been looking at the catalogs and they are hopeless, stuff all info so I dont know what the products are.
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Let me know exactly what you are after. I think I have the dayco catalog pretty much sussed out.vlad01 wrote:can you get standard drive and rib of this type? I been looking at the catalogs and they are hopeless, stuff all info so I dont know what the products are.
I would need to know what engine you need it for, I'm guessing you want 8 rib in standard offset?
All the suppliers I called told me that this balancer didn't exist. I had to look it up myself and give them the part number to get my hands on one.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
wouldn't mind a standard drive, standard rib race or street balancer.
Just need something that would last 5 years + of constant abuse lol.
Not anytime soon but would be nice to know if such a beast exists?
Just need something that would last 5 years + of constant abuse lol.
Not anytime soon but would be nice to know if such a beast exists?
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
For buick?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
yeah late VP engine. same type as VR
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
Yeah, only 2 dayco parts for our model. Oem replacement and as above. PBO81207SS5
Can be had for around $340 on eBay at the moment. See here-
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1322783987
Not a bad price considering auto barn quoted $570+$25 shipping and performance wholesale $470. Those must be old stock.
Can be had for around $340 on eBay at the moment. See here-
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1322783987
Not a bad price considering auto barn quoted $570+$25 shipping and performance wholesale $470. Those must be old stock.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Sc14 to buick and e85
i think they only come with the extra drive bit of a shame really or we would have one on the vb
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem