Some interesting CAN interfaces here for people who like to tinker...
http://gridconnect.com/pcan/can-adapters.html
CAN Interfaces
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: CAN Interfaces
I got this one the other day:
It's just a simple CAN<->SPI interface without any smarts but was cheaper than buying the ICs by themselves.
I've got a few projects in mind for it already
It's just a simple CAN<->SPI interface without any smarts but was cheaper than buying the ICs by themselves.
I've got a few projects in mind for it already
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: CAN Interfaces
Looks almost identical to he sparkfun one. I literally maintained the same schematic.. but compressed it down to a mini sizefesty wrote:I got this one the other day:
It's just a simple CAN<->SPI interface without any smarts but was cheaper than buying the ICs by themselves.
I've got a few projects in mind for it already
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
durahax
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 5:00 pm
- cars: 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD - LB7 Duramax Diesel
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: CAN Interfaces
I just got into CAN recently, I ordered a CANtact to play with. I'm interested in low level control, and anything on the low side bus. I been looking at GoodThopter too, never tried either one yet. Forbes had a nice write up the other day on CANtact though. http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrews ... 0-dollars/
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: CAN Interfaces
Wow, the video at the bottom. Thats pretty crazy!. Can almost control anything in these modern cars!durahax wrote:I just got into CAN recently, I ordered a CANtact to play with. I'm interested in low level control, and anything on the low side bus. I been looking at GoodThopter too, never tried either one yet. Forbes had a nice write up the other day on CANtact though. http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrews ... 0-dollars/
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
