V6 piston choices?

For non EFI mechanical discussion
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by immortality »

damn, the software isn't running. Looks like i've only got a copy of the installed software and not the installation files :(
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by vlad01 »

just had a look and they have a demo. its not downloadable though. I found some download sites and they link to the makers site with no downloads. logic much?

keen to just have a play with it before I buy it. too bad you cant buy a license and download it, only comes on CD which they have to mail it which I cant wait that long! a week or 2 is too long :lol: :comp:
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by Gareth »

From the heads i've had flowed, extra lift does nothing...

Without major intake and port work anyways
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by immortality »

I can get the software to run but only in demo mode. Getting a sub-registry key failure (which makes sense as the software was never installed on this machine). So it runs but I can't do anything with it :(

Biggvl wrote:From the heads i've had flowed, extra lift does nothing...

Without major intake and port work anyways
Up to what lift?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by vlad01 »

bugger it! I just bought it.

summit racing had it the cheapest with good postage price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COMP-Softwar ... 4d28df33f7

been a long time since I paid for software. :lol:
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by HQ355 »

Good one mate, you'll have it sussed in no time !
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by vlad01 »

yep, and then I can look at this famous 260rwKw ecotec combo next :lol:
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by delcowizzid »

a true flat top in a buick will come in at nearly 14:1 at zero deck bit much for street duties .i alkso have some flow files when you get dynosim if it doesnt come with buick ones
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 piston choices?

Post by vlad01 »

yeah those flat top hypatech have standard vn/vp compression height so they dont come up all the way in the bore.

should get flat top with near 0 squish on a VR head :lol: probably be close to 16:1, diesel buick ftw!