Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

thought I give the ol VR a run since I hadn't in a while. Goes great! its so stupidly touchy!

here is a rather lazy 0-100 run, wound out 2nd well past peak hp and you can see it falling over. ideal is to shift into 3rd around 85-90ks and despite lost time shifting you get quicker 0-100 :thumbup:

but.... I couldn't be bothered so here is the vid.

User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Not bad...gee that speedo climbs quick :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

How's the fuel economy now after the tune?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Yeah, the manuals always went well. In my old VN I always had trouble getting traction in first, was worse with 3.45 gears even with a good LSD and tyres.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

not sure on economy. barley drive it. But I reckon it would be fantastic since it has phenomenal crack throttle torque. It has not dissimilar acceleration just light throttle to WOT.

I did several accidental burnouts on the way out of my dirt driveway. Just cracking the throttle a fraction is instant wheel spin on dirt or gravel lol. Almost no words to describe the ridiculous throttle response this has.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:Not bad...gee that speedo climbs quick :D

yeah problem is not enough traction with these Turanza 235 tyres, I went and checked the road later, solid line for over 100m, fades and sudden solid line for 5m, that was from going into 2nd. I'm considering a trutrac but seems overkill for a stock engine otherwise. So it actually wheel spun the whole entire 1st and bit of 2nd lol.

imagine if i had stock tyres lol.

If all was good the acceleration would be better, loosing fair bit to wheel spin, but I do get an awesome kick in the pants when the tyres hook up at 65km/h :thumbup:
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Atleast get an LSD, it makes a difference, if not you'll get even tyre wear lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I can swap them around lol.

I can try a trutrac on the VP as that will have a lot more power than this car lol
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

nice, goes quiet well! You can usually take a slice of 0-100 time off even with a stock car and a good tune.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

you certainly can, but mods help that even more, even simple ones like exhaust and air intake like on this car.

I might try some stuff with the WOT AFRs after coming across this rather interesting but old article.


http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.ht ... nzi&A=1161