Vlad's rides thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
ahh right 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Anyone have anymore details on fault code 41 other than "41 No Crankshaft reference pulses. Ignition voltage < 11 volts etc."
I got this twice in a row on the VR today which had 0 problems starting or running. It seemed fine, had the laptop on it at the time and didn't see anything abnormal.
I wonder if stating with high beams on and lowish battery could trigger the code as thats what I did twice.
I got this twice in a row on the VR today which had 0 problems starting or running. It seemed fine, had the laptop on it at the time and didn't see anything abnormal.
I wonder if stating with high beams on and lowish battery could trigger the code as thats what I did twice.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah that sounds feasible, I know cranking drops the volts pretty bad, but I wouldn't think they would be that low not cranking ....
although it might be an early warning sign that the battery is on the way out ?
although it might be an early warning sign that the battery is on the way out ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
nah its a new battery but I just haven't driven it enough to charge it. I drove it probably a good 3-4 weeks beforehand and only 10min yesterday and the indicator on the battery still showed as needing charging today.Holden202T wrote:yeah that sounds feasible, I know cranking drops the volts pretty bad, but I wouldn't think they would be that low not cranking ....
although it might be an early warning sign that the battery is on the way out ?
I think that it would of dropped well below 11v as it probably only been that to begin with.
its odd as I never seen this before on my VP and I been starting with lights on with the same battery since 08, battery has been flatten twice down to <1v and still fine years latter.
But then again im sure my VP uses $FB so it may handle it differently?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
new battery <11v 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah driven 6 times since august new. I should really charge it more lol The security stuff I guess drains it all the time. VP is always driven and has no real draw sitting around like the VR does.
Last edited by vlad01 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
or drive it more 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Holden202T wrote:or drive it more
I should! Its a blast to drive. Love that 1st/2nd bunny hop throttle response.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I keep a battery charger on mine now. I've killed a few batteries by letting em get discharged to far.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I did have the charger on it but last time I took it out I forgot to put it back on.