CF Bedford Van
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: CF Bedford Van
Looking good mate, keep ticking those boxes
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
im going as fast as the bank balance is replenishing don't you worry 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
so had some good fun today with all the weather we've been having, shed got some water into it after some leaves and stuff backed up behind the shed .... anyways, despite the weathers best attempts I got some shit done!
theres now 7ltrs of oil in the T700 and it has gears, mind you its only just up on the bottom of the dipstick!! thirsty bugger!
so I can now confirm with the gearbox in gear and the motor idling I get about 20km on the speedo so the VR/VS sender into VN/VP box seems to have worked nicely!
also the motor is sooo quiet after removing the straight cut timing gears, and funnily enough the knock sensor is not false knocking now too!
I got to tap threads into the tappet covered to fit speedflow fittings for the breathers, unfortunately the passenger side one will not fit without hitting the throttle body so that sucks majorly! ... need to work something out there! but driver side is sweet!
also pressed the brake pedal with the engine running with one finger and it goes down nice and easily so the VT booster works hahaha
theres now 7ltrs of oil in the T700 and it has gears, mind you its only just up on the bottom of the dipstick!! thirsty bugger!
so I can now confirm with the gearbox in gear and the motor idling I get about 20km on the speedo so the VR/VS sender into VN/VP box seems to have worked nicely!
also the motor is sooo quiet after removing the straight cut timing gears, and funnily enough the knock sensor is not false knocking now too!
I got to tap threads into the tappet covered to fit speedflow fittings for the breathers, unfortunately the passenger side one will not fit without hitting the throttle body so that sucks majorly! ... need to work something out there! but driver side is sweet!
also pressed the brake pedal with the engine running with one finger and it goes down nice and easily so the VT booster works hahaha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 769
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: CF Bedford Van
Coming along nicely.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
minor update
mainly just been doing wiring stuff, got the fuel pump wiring routed through the floor and to the tank properly now, also changed the rear wiring so I can run LED lights in the back of the van activated off a switch separate to the cabin lighting.
I've also been going through other looms I have to get wiring colours for stuff I need to extend etc, and I found that one of my looms had cruise control plugs in it
so I have spent far tooo long removing tape and un-pinning bcm wires and such to get the loom out in one piece (mostly) and I found out that LOW bcm's have support for cruise control so hopefully I can get all that sorted!
I have the motor and have lined up a stalk from a mate so I am hoping it should all just work!
it also appears that just randomly my fuel pressure regulator has stopped working! so trying to avoid having the motor run at all till I can fix that!
other than that I have been a bit side tracked renewing the andra tech inspection on the Gemini, but that's done and dusted now so no excuses!
mainly just been doing wiring stuff, got the fuel pump wiring routed through the floor and to the tank properly now, also changed the rear wiring so I can run LED lights in the back of the van activated off a switch separate to the cabin lighting.
I've also been going through other looms I have to get wiring colours for stuff I need to extend etc, and I found that one of my looms had cruise control plugs in it
I have the motor and have lined up a stalk from a mate so I am hoping it should all just work!
it also appears that just randomly my fuel pressure regulator has stopped working! so trying to avoid having the motor run at all till I can fix that!
other than that I have been a bit side tracked renewing the andra tech inspection on the Gemini, but that's done and dusted now so no excuses!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
WOW! plenty has been happening ..... I have ordered a B&M shifter so hopefully that will turn up soon 
I've also got my hands on a length of bundy tube so I can make up all new brake lines, figured even though the originals are not really dodgy, I need different routing for some of it and also some are too short, so starting from scratch and then I will know its all brand new and clean inside.
so I managed to get the two front lines made other than the brake caliper ends, as I haven't finalised the hoses yet (hopefully very soon)
I've also made the lower half of the rear line, and then started making the upper half and managed to run out of pipe with like 4 inches more needed, so I am going to have to buy another roll, but I need more for the diff anyway so no big deal!
I've also pulled the fuel tank out so I can finalise the breather pipes for it (they have to run into the back of the van and need to be heaps longer than stock) but hopefully that's just a matter of getting more hose....
aside from that I have been spending plenty of time playing with wiring .... trying to get electric brake controller wires built into the loom, so they look more factory
I've managed to raid another loom for a heavy gauge wire with lugs that goes into the driver side kick panel plug which just happened to have a few empty pins, so that will run down to the trailer plug and I also got a nice big red wire to run from the fuse panel into the cabin (need to have constant power to the controller through a resettable breaker) .... and also trying to add in all the cruise control wires!
on the subject of that, I have managed to score a V6 bracket, and it is just on the right angle without needing mods - about 1 inch off the firewall if that! and for those that don't know, the V8 bracket is mounted on the alternator bracket off the front of the head, and pulled back on approx. 45 degree angle, so that would never work with my firewall where it is!
it appears the V8 control module has a shorter length cable to a V6 so I am going to see how I go there, I might need to modify the bracket to be shorter if I can't find a longer cable, but that's no big deal either way as the cable on my V8 one is broken so I need one whatever I do.
and while I've been doing all the wiring mods I've got the dash and steering column removed so I will more than likely make a move on the engine cover soon! (I know avoided it for too long!)
I've also got my hands on a length of bundy tube so I can make up all new brake lines, figured even though the originals are not really dodgy, I need different routing for some of it and also some are too short, so starting from scratch and then I will know its all brand new and clean inside.
so I managed to get the two front lines made other than the brake caliper ends, as I haven't finalised the hoses yet (hopefully very soon)
I've also made the lower half of the rear line, and then started making the upper half and managed to run out of pipe with like 4 inches more needed, so I am going to have to buy another roll, but I need more for the diff anyway so no big deal!
I've also pulled the fuel tank out so I can finalise the breather pipes for it (they have to run into the back of the van and need to be heaps longer than stock) but hopefully that's just a matter of getting more hose....
aside from that I have been spending plenty of time playing with wiring .... trying to get electric brake controller wires built into the loom, so they look more factory
on the subject of that, I have managed to score a V6 bracket, and it is just on the right angle without needing mods - about 1 inch off the firewall if that! and for those that don't know, the V8 bracket is mounted on the alternator bracket off the front of the head, and pulled back on approx. 45 degree angle, so that would never work with my firewall where it is!
it appears the V8 control module has a shorter length cable to a V6 so I am going to see how I go there, I might need to modify the bracket to be shorter if I can't find a longer cable, but that's no big deal either way as the cable on my V8 one is broken so I need one whatever I do.
and while I've been doing all the wiring mods I've got the dash and steering column removed so I will more than likely make a move on the engine cover soon! (I know avoided it for too long!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
Got the extra needed brake tube and finished off the lines! very happy with the results!
Also had the B&M shifter turn up today so hopefully get it install soon
and working on the fuel system now, need to get some steel tube to finish it off also.....
so I got plenty to do now
Also had the B&M shifter turn up today so hopefully get it install soon
and working on the fuel system now, need to get some steel tube to finish it off also.....
so I got plenty to do now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
B&M Light Truck Mega Shifter, lol its a frikken beast!
please excuse the mess
its pretty much the same as a normal mega shifter but has a base frame that's adjustable to make it 1-2 inches higher than a normal one, only problem is you can't get this one in right hand drive, but its no big deal, most people know how to use an automatic shifter by feel anyway these days, you don't need to see the gear indicator.
please excuse the mess
its pretty much the same as a normal mega shifter but has a base frame that's adjustable to make it 1-2 inches higher than a normal one, only problem is you can't get this one in right hand drive, but its no big deal, most people know how to use an automatic shifter by feel anyway these days, you don't need to see the gear indicator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: CF Bedford Van
That's awesome!! You planning on setting an ET in the tow car mate?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
hahaha, no real specific plans but I certainly want to see how it goes on a dyno with the current motor setup and then after I change a few things, cam etc
theres no reason why I couldn't give it a run though I guess!
theres no reason why I couldn't give it a run though I guess!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread