ALDL ECU's

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Tazzi »

VL400 wrote:Lookin good :thumbup: Looking forward to giving this one a go.
Yeah hopefully it works right off the bat!

Tested VS V6, VT V6 on bench and everything seems to show up correctly when comparing with tech2 and tunerpro.
Also a VX V6 and a VY V6 (Same responses anyways!) worked great in car on live subjects!.

Iv got no access to a VR, so Iv been quadruple checking the calculations.. it should be ok.

Only have basic cosmetic stuff to finish off, and the logging system.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by VL400 »

Can easily test a VR and VS V8 for you if needed.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Tazzi »

Some beta graphing control has been added :thumbup:

Im unsure what is better though, there is two ways I can go about the graphing.
First way is to plot every single data point from the crack of dawn.
Second way is to plot only the first 20ish points.. where the newest points added will remove the oldest points so it will be a rolling effect instead of all data.
Graphing.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Tazzi »

I currently have it so it will log absolutely everything. Im thinking I might put a checkbox where my dev buttons 'increment' and 'add graph' are which can allow the choice of a rolling display or display all. Im hoping that I should be able to retain all the information still so all the data can be displayed immediately again rather than restarting.

The Save/Load of the log is coming along. I think I am just going to stick with a CSV formatted file. Something along the lines off:
-Vehicle Type
-Gauge1 type
-Gauge2-type
-(ect all setup info)
-Received Engine Data & : & Time
-Received Transmission Data & : & Time
-ect ect

So on loading.. all gauges will be updated accordingly. The "track bar" will allow any point in time of the log to be skipped to or replayed. All gauges, graphs and displays will all display as if logging real time.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I think it will depend what your logging as to how you want to display it.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Tazzi »

Holden202T wrote:yeah I think it will depend what your logging as to how you want to display it.
Yeah exactly my thoughts.

I did a 15min log, and you cant really see any detailed movement after such a long time. It is good to see the history trend but a close up rolling movement is great for the short term viewing.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Jayme »

log it all into memory and update the display in realtime based on scolling a scrolly bar at the bottom of the graph ..... the idea came to me from another tuning program I often use :typist:
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:log it all into memory and update the display in realtime based on scolling a scrolly bar at the bottom of the graph ..... the idea came to me from another tuning program I often use :typist:
Yeah its all logged into memory and added to a receivedframes list.

A scrolly bar hey...hmmmm

If I maintain the entire list.. and still display it all, but change the displayed X-axis min/max value...I think I can then make a scroll bar show up on the bottom allowing to still view all the data.

More work but great idea!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Tazzi »

I couldnt get the scrolly bar to work correctly. Not the way I want it to. Data reading has be be stopped in order to move it back/forth as each update modifies the X axis and jolts the scroller to the end *sigh*

I have a working save/load function for ALDL files. It loads in the vehicles deifnition so that all the gauges and stuff can be modified why replaying the log to view different data. ALthough in doing this, if wanted to ocnnect to a vehicle, you will need to click "disconnect" and then reconnect using the selected vehicle type as opening a vehicle ALDL log file will load that vehicle info in.

Currently sussing out the 'track bar' to fast forward/rewind the data playing and how to negotiate this appropriately during live viewing.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: ALDL ECU's

Post by Jayme »

cant you just write your update code so that it only bumps the chart to the end if the scrolly bar is all the way to the right? if its not all the way at the end, then update the array but dont move the x axis of the chart.