265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks Dylan.

On another note Just to clarify, the ECU was screwed to the firewall behind the glove box.

And on another note again, if I hook this loom up to a battery source and a good ground I assume I could power up the ECU and start accessing it (with the right modifications of course).
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Probably should have phrased the above query a bit better. Can I hook the loom up to a battery and good ground, say an engine block and power up the ECU with out any problems.
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by festy »

Yes - minimum requirements are 12v supplied to A6 and C16, and ground to A12.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks Festy
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Dylan wrote:That's a steal at that price good work! The V8 throttle body is identical just the bore size. 60mm V6 65mm V8.
I guess if you fit a V8 one straight up no need to worry about it.

Or get a V6 one and have it modified to 69mm! Most places do them on an exchange set up.
Thanks Dylan, I found a place Mace Engineering who offer a 70mm bored out V6 TB on a changeover basis.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Don't know what good powering up the ECU can do at this stage. Best to get to work fitting it up and looking at the program with Tunerpro to get familiar with what might need to be done. Just wondering what the plan is for setting up the injectors, fuel rail etc? You might find a Falcon rail or something else close to fitting.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

True, my problem is that it's going to be a bit of time before I can get the VH Charger wired up and the test motor in. It is a rolling chassis at the moment and at the panel beaters but when I get if back the electricals and driveline are going back in. I guess I am a bit curious to check out the ECU more than anything.

Yes I was thinking that an early ford 6 fuel rail might be suitable, not sure about the injectors but I reckon Ford 6 again would be about the right size. Not sure about high vs low impedance injectors and if the Ford 6 injectors work with the Delco ECU. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dylan »

Just fit up some commodore one's. Standard VN type or maybe later ecotec or the HSV blue tops.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks Dylan.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

I thought the VN ones were the same as the Falcon?