265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by vlad01 »

Charlescrown wrote:I thought the VN ones were the same as the Falcon?

Nope, different.

physically look different and have different PNs. Not sure about flow though.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I've got a VN V8 throttle body coming so that should keep me going for a while. The 65mm bored matches the elbow for my manifold perfectly.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I have been checking out the basic tuning guide (which is great info) and realise that I am going to need a wide band O2 sensor. There is a great variance in prices out there and any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Do you also need the gauge or just the sensor?

Will it be easy to connect the sensor to the Camira loom? Is it Just soldering wires? I guess the connections are not universal.

Thanks.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dylan »

I've only ever used the Spartan from 14point7.com
Its well priced and a great piece of gear. No gauge just straight to the ecu.
And the "output sequencer" to get it calibrated spot on is very handy. I wouldn't bother trying anything else myself. I love it.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks Dylan, is this the one? Did you buy it straight from the website. Cheers

http://www.14point7.com/products/sparta ... ntroller-2
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dylan »

That's it, mine is the earlier Spartan 1. The only difference is the newer LSU4.9 sensor.
Read up on the best practice for earthing and what's easiest for your install.

Mine is plug and play on my car. And I remove my narrow band and fit the wide band in its place.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks again Dylan, that's a great help
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by v6bucket »

I've been using a setup from here for the 8 or 9 years.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I too use innovate MTX-L and LC-1 .... planning to try a Spartan 2 next :)

as for the wiring, you will need to add a pin to the wiring loom for the wideband input, if you have a spare loom you can steal a pin out of it.... if not I have a bag full of them, send me a PM and I am happy to send you a few .....

$12P zip file has information on where the pin needs to go for wideband input.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks for the replies. I have ordered the Spartan 2 so hopefully all goes well.

I will send you a pm 202, that great cheers.