I was more interested to know if you could upload a stacked bin as that would save me having to put it into the programmer like I normally do!
Change bin From V111 to V112
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Change bin From V111 to V112
whatever you did it obviously worked 
I was more interested to know if you could upload a stacked bin as that would save me having to put it into the programmer like I normally do!
I was more interested to know if you could upload a stacked bin as that would save me having to put it into the programmer like I normally do!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Change bin From V111 to V112
I recall doing it twice, once for A and once for B ?
then uploading the migrated cal. Started first go and I verified the cal was current and it was. So it worked. Only used the flash tool.
then uploading the migrated cal. Started first go and I verified the cal was current and it was. So it worked. Only used the flash tool.
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Change bin From V111 to V112
No, the bank switch manipulates an address line that the ECU doesn't have control over so there's no way for the ECU to access the other half of the NVRAM.Holden202T wrote: I was more interested to know if you could upload a stacked bin as that would save me having to put it into the programmer like I normally do!
So initially you need to burn a stacked bin to the NVRAM, but for subsequent upgrades you can do it all through the flashtool (just one bank at a time).
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Change bin From V111 to V112
Ahh that makes sensefesty wrote:No, the bank switch manipulates an address line that the ECU doesn't have control over so there's no way for the ECU to access the other half of the NVRAM.Holden202T wrote: I was more interested to know if you could upload a stacked bin as that would save me having to put it into the programmer like I normally do!
So initially you need to burn a stacked bin to the NVRAM, but for subsequent upgrades you can do it all through the flashtool (just one bank at a time).
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Change bin From V111 to V112
yeah that's how I understood it to work.... ages ago I wired up an ecu with a jumper wire going through spare pins in the plug to get an external switch connected, never actually did the external part of it 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread