265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by festy »

Check your wiring harness against the 12P Camira wiring PDF and see if you have any wires installed that you don't need.
If the car was an auto there should be a couple spare pins that you can move to the correct spot for a wideband.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

The donor car was a manual. 202 is sending me some pins so should be right now. Thanks
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I may have a problem with the stock Hemi 6 cast intake manifold fitted with a 4 barrel plate not having enough clearance to fit the injector bosses at a nice angle after allowing for the injectors. Normally I would just use a Hemi 6 manifold with longer runners but the turbo exhaust manifold has been designed around the stock intake manifold and I am not sure the longer runners will fit. I am now thinking of modifying an early Ford efi cast aluminium manifold and matching it to a triple weber manifold. The weber manifold transitions from the square Hemi 6 ports to the Ford rounds runners and the Ford runners nearly line up to to the Hemi ports. The exhaust manifold gets pretty close to the weber manifold at one point so the exhaust manifold may need to be modified. I suppose it all depends on how much it will cost.

An alternative I have thought of is using a smaller plate on the stock manifold and then using say a 90 mm aluminium elbow to go to throttle body, this would leave enough length in the runners to fit the injectors at 45 degrees. This would be cheaper but I like the idea of having a proper plenum setup.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I have found this distributor that is already stripped of the mechanical and vacuum advance mechanisms. I just has the reluctor setup and seems to spin ok and isn't loose, would this be ok to use? I cant see that I need to weld anything up as it seems already 'locked' as such. Thanks
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Sorry, I meant to add pics as it doesn't make much sense without them. Will do so later and also a pic of the turbo setup and manifold.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Some photos of distributor and mock up of turbo, intake and throttle body on spare motor. I think I will just stay with the stock manifold with the two barrel base as it fits so well. I will see if I can get a aluminium bend that starts oval shaped to match the two barrel base plate and goes to round to match the throttle body. I don't think there should be much problem with restriction as the surface area of the oval intake would be about the same as a 65mm circle. Plus there is a turbo to push through it.

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by heff0018 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Image
Last edited by heff0018 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Bonus, Discovered this is an ELB distributor so should be perfect as no need to weld anything.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yea dizzy will work perfectly with the manifold you can't make up a set of very short runners to bolt between the intake manifold and the head out of steel you can fit the injectors bosses in? Or how thick is the manifold it's self you maybe able to drill and a hole and create a chamfer around the hole for the injector
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks Dazza. The manifold pictured should be ok, the problem could be with the one I bought that had a 4 barrel plate welded to it.

Heres a picture of the two manifolds side by side. The two barrel one shouldn't have any problems fitting the injector bosses at 45 degrees but I don't think the orange 4 barrel one wouldn't allow enough room for the fuel rail.

The two barrel one might be restrict the air flow a bit, I suppose I could fit bigger baseplate to open it up a bit.

Image
Last edited by heff0018 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.