Knock Block Logging

Ecu Hardware Modifications
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Knock Block Logging

Post by v6bucket »

I have a Link KnockBlock G1, is it possible to log it through TunerPro? It has 3 wires to connect to a KnockLink G1 digital, so I gather it has an output signal, so I'm sure someone a lot smarter than me with electronic things may be able to assist with how to connect to TunerPro, if possible.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by vlad01 »

any documentation on the output? or general documentation?
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by VL400 »

http://www.linkecu.com/support/document ... lockG1.pdf

You could log the blue wire, 0-5V analog output.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by vlad01 »

how much is the knock block? where do you buy them in Oz?
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by v6bucket »

"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by v6bucket »

Is pin C15 suitable to connect the KnockBlock too? If it is, what changes do I need to make to TP5?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by VL400 »

Pin B12, its a spare analog input 0-5V.

The ADX should already have this defined and give a 0-5V reading when logging.
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by v6bucket »

I've connected the KnockBlock to pin B12, the instructions say that "The output voltage should be at a low level under normal conditions & increase significantly during knock." It shows 4.96v when the engine is running, disconnect the sensor it jumps to 5.00v. It appears to inverted, I changed the figures around, but only moved the position in the monitors section from the top to the bottom.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by VL400 »

Sounds like the knock interface is not a fan of the pullup resistor on the B12 input. Measure the output of the knock interface with a multimeter while not connected to B12, if its a voltage closer to 0V thats the issue.

Can disable the pullup like this...
B12 Pullup Remove.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Knock Block Logging

Post by v6bucket »

I checked it a couple of days ago, think it is less than 1v, but will check again. So just de-solder & lift out & leave?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---