Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

yeah it not too bad, though I have had mostly better ones for same ks.


looking at the springs, guessing this is what my guy will fit? I looked up some you their cams with similar durations and lifts and these are the recommended ones.

http://www.crowcams.com.au/FindaProduct ... fault.aspx
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Anyone have access to holden part catalog? trying to find part number for late Buick plastic lifter guides.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

I think those springs are what I have on my 202's and also what we put in my brothers turbo v6 build!

these ones ?
lifter guide 1.jpg
lifter guide 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by delcowizzid »

any idea on the seat pressure of them.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:I think those springs are what I have on my 202's and also what we put in my brothers turbo v6 build!

these ones ?
lifter guide 1.jpg
lifter guide 2.jpg
yeah thats them. I have nos ones too but ecotec ones, they aren't the same. So these buick ones?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

delcowizzid wrote:any idea on the seat pressure of them.
no idea, crow are useless for listing info.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

got my a fuel tank blasted the other day. Will get the rust bullet paint like the VR did.

IMG_2220_zpsldxoxqow.jpg
Was raining most of the day. first time sort of real rain in many months! So was a good excuse for ripping the other spare engine open to look at the crank. I was not disappointed :thumbup:

first cap off this unknown Ks engine.
IMG_2237_zpsa4yybtxp.jpg
heap better! :D
IMG_2238_zps5fimjdhd.jpg
IMG_2239_zpsmcgse0of.jpg
bearings are much better worn on this engine.
IMG_2240_zpstnlrxopd.jpg
front ones.
IMG_2241_zps7lb6pvdr.jpg
No. 3 main.
IMG_2242_zpsqet4jnki.jpg

who needs special tools? :lol:
IMG_2243_zpsoxakpatl.jpg
pulled a piston out, pretty good, but no use to me. The bores were bellow average. think water was getting in via the intake gaskets.
IMG_2244_zps5nrfsf2p.jpg
how I have a good crank to work with :thumbup:
The big ends only looks like a polish is needed, mains might get away but probably would want 0.010" grind, only becasue the No. 1 has some light but smooth grooves in it, far less than the other crank anyway so its win win.
IMG_2245_zpsqaafr3ks.jpg

And some differences in the rods, late one left, early right. The late is a better looking casting and slightly beefier in some spots.
IMG_2246_zpsbhvuyros.jpg
early top, late bottom.
IMG_2247_zpsdrpioa8i.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

202, where did you get those guides from? searched the net high and low, not much on them and only listings of them are NLA. ebay has 0 for that part number.

can you still buy them from Holden?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

delcowizzid wrote:any idea on the seat pressure of them.

Crow 4836

installed height 1.700"
Installed pressure 100lbs
pressure @ .050" 295lbs
max lift 0.550"
solid height 1.010"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Seems pretty good for my cam. I reckon by the feel my old springs open with about 15kg of force from my hand lol. Is that too little? :lol: