Motor

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Motor

Post by HQ355 »

image.jpg
My HQ engine bay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Motor

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thats SUPER tidy!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Motor

Post by Dylan »

Thats really neat well done. Did you do it yourself or buy it like that?

Could i talk you into moving the ignition module? Ive done a few looms for conversions and moved the module to go under the dash.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Motor

Post by HQ355 »

Hey Dylan, did everything myself besides the interior trim, don't want to move the module as then il have two holes to weld up lol. Still got a few things to do befor it's finished ( if they ever are ) I'd like to change the inlet at some stage down the road so that it can breathe but got to work out which way to go there so no big rush. I'm just enjoying driving it again after it's been off the road for a few years
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Motor

Post by Jayme »

you just run the ignition module wires back up the loom through the same hole as the ECU wiring runs. that way its still only one hole!
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Motor

Post by HQ355 »

Jayme wrote:you just run the ignition module wires back up the loom through the same hole as the ECU wiring runs. that way its still only one hole!
Yeah I get that, I meant the mounting holes, it dosnt bother me as it's not a show car, the whole wiring loom was a brand new old stock VR one, I didn't want to cut it up when I put the motor in, thanks for the tips though guys, who knows may be down the line ?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Motor

Post by Holden202T »

looks very nice!

motor looks like I was like that from the factory!
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: Motor

Post by jenko »

nice is that an ht next to it ?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Motor

Post by HQ355 »

Yes mate it is a HT
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Motor

Post by vlad01 »

see you finally posted a pic of your HQ :D

its been a great car to tune!