808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Macca97
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
Location: Mid North Coast

808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by Macca97 »

just another idea ive got, would it be possible to hook a delco 808 from a vn to the ea falcon single point injection, and than put it on a holden 6, spi to the holden 6 is easy, just adaptor place to a holley manifold, but not sure if an 808 would work with just 2 injectors, and are they constant flow or do they pulse like a vn, (this is where I should go start it and find out) hahaha and would the camira mod work with the spi, or would a have to use the falcon dizzy somehow
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: 808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

You have me a bit confused where you have written SPI do you mean centre point injection CPI?
Then also not sure why your setting it up on a ford & then changing it to a 202, why not set it up on the right vehicle to start with?
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: 808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by pman92 »

Macca97
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: 808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by Macca97 »

ive just always known it as Single point injection (SPI), id be putting it on a 202 straight up, I worded it abit funny,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by Holden202T »

I have one of them in the shed, I always wondered about that, but never bothered with it, as I believe the injectors would need a driver to work with an 808, plus with the 12 port head and vk manifold so easy of a conversion for my needs that's all I've done.

but in theory if the injectors we made to work with it I see no other reason it wouldn't work, but the question of how even the fuel distribution would be my main query.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by Charlescrown »

Camira used TBI and no issues there. I run a TBI on my Mitsubishi Starion with delco. I kept the injector dropping resistors because they have low impedence injectors and I didnt want to chance it overloading the ECU. The tuning works out quiet different to multipoint but works fine.
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: 808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by jenko »

I set up a jag six with two throttle body injectors ,from a camira ,
located them in the twin su carbs underneath so they sprayed out the normal main jet hole ,removed the damper piston.
And used the 808 ecu .
couldn't tell it was efi,unless you really looked hard and new what you were looking at .Worked really well
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: 808 to falcooon SPI on holden 202

Post by jenko »