SV5000 Help

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by Holden202T »

and they were the ones that had the headers that are steel not cast ?
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by Dylan »

I'd say they would have. Even the later model 185 had the steel manifolds.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by HQ355 »

Some even had left over group a blocks with the 4 bolt mains, be nice to find one of those !
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by VK_3800 »

^ VP Clubsport 5000i and VP GTS have the four bolt block, but not the Senator 5000i (I think there was a Statesman 5000i too?) or the SV5000 as far as I am aware. I believe the block/main caps are the only difference.

Over here there even a lot of basic VNs got factory steel exhaust manifolds/headers but only the basic four into one shorty style, the HSVs should have the better ones which have a two pipe flange.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by Holden202T »

VK_3800 wrote:Over here there even a lot of basic VNs got factory steel exhaust manifolds/headers but only the basic four into one shorty style, the HSVs should have the better ones which have a two pipe flange.
ahh interesting, so what I know as the HSV headers might not be anything special!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by Dylan »

I've hadn a fair few vn-vs hsv's and all the stock exhausts have had a short 4-1 with single flange each side.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by Holden202T »

and non hsv has cast headers ?

the below pic is what I got for my 304, just happened to get them offered to me for nothing and I had no exhausts so figured bargain, I was told they are the HSV headers but haven't really had any experience with EFI V8's so who knows :)
dipstick1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by Dylan »

They're the hsv one's. Only type I've ever seen besides the group a one's.
And stock holden is cast.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by VK_3800 »

They're not the good HSV ones, those are just the basic ones which you will find on many V8s (in NZ at least). I believe Holden used them to begin with as they were quicker and easier to make but they've never really liked steel headers, supposedly the cast ones last longer as they don't rust through, and of course are quieter. Many later models had the cast manifolds instead.

The good HSV ones are pretty much what all the entry-level aftermarket Pacemakers and the like are, good primaries and a flange at the secondaries. (edit: Probably the same as the Group A)
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: SV5000 Help

Post by Dylan »

Got any pics never seen anything different on a hsv over here even the 215 ran them.
Group a was very different yo suit there different heads.
Even hsv enhanced holdens ran the ones above.