My first time with the enhanced bin's tuning a mates VS Series 3 V8 auto soon. The XDF is set out nice and easy to follow, Good Work!
Is it possible to flag codes etc? Turn nock sensor off?
I don't need to but just noticed the difference in the flags compared to 12P etc. I've never tuned with a MAF before so should be interesting.
Looking at the item "Calibration - Intake TS" is that charge temp compensation as found in 12P? Or different as I don't think these ran an intake temp sensor in the manifold.
Also there's code for 2 O2 sensors but this one only has 1, I haven't had the ute off the ground but can only see 1 its just at the merge.
Also I'm using a 14poin7 Spartan wideband, is there any wideband 0 - 5 volt settings to help with calibration?
All help appreciated. Feel free to delete it and I can start a dedicated thread if you want to keep this separate.
Using: BIN - VS_V8_$A6F_Enhanced_0.81 and XDF - VS_V8_$A6F_Enhanced_0.81a
VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
Welcome 
Currently i dont have any Knock items defined in the VS V8 XDF sorry, though it's on the list.
The Item "Calibration - Intake TS" is for when changing to a different intake sensor and the response of the sensor is different to factory, if using a factory Temp Sensor then you wont need to touch it.
Ill add the flag swich to my list to add to the xdf to switch between 1 and 2 o2 sensors.
Currently the only changes to VS V8 code is for Extended MAF tables, the rest is still factory, so no extra inputs for wideband etc have been added, the only way you could feed a wideband input in to be logged at the moment is disconnecting the Injector Monitor Line and using that.
Currently i dont have any Knock items defined in the VS V8 XDF sorry, though it's on the list.
The Item "Calibration - Intake TS" is for when changing to a different intake sensor and the response of the sensor is different to factory, if using a factory Temp Sensor then you wont need to touch it.
Ill add the flag swich to my list to add to the xdf to switch between 1 and 2 o2 sensors.
Currently the only changes to VS V8 code is for Extended MAF tables, the rest is still factory, so no extra inputs for wideband etc have been added, the only way you could feed a wideband input in to be logged at the moment is disconnecting the Injector Monitor Line and using that.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
Ok thanks for that. I'll hook it up to the injector line.
I burnt the chip last night with the enhanced bin on it. Read it back looked ok.
Put it in the ute today and wont start. Original chip was CYJN.
Any compatibility issues with VATS?
I burnt the chip last night with the enhanced bin on it. Read it back looked ok.
Put it in the ute today and wont start. Original chip was CYJN.
Any compatibility issues with VATS?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
nope, was it cranking?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
Yeah was cranking but sounded like no spark not even a cough.
I'll post up the bin I'll read back and post that. I stacked it on a W27C512 EEPROM.
I've stacked them plenty times with 12P tunes without fail.
Actually does this XDF calculate the checksum itself? I left that.
I'll post up the bin I'll read back and post that. I stacked it on a W27C512 EEPROM.
I've stacked them plenty times with 12P tunes without fail.
Actually does this XDF calculate the checksum itself? I left that.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
the bin is 1Mbit, so 512 chip wont work. Have you changed the stock eprom out?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
Oh well that's a problem. I don't have a UV eraser so I fitted an EEPROM thinking I was smart.
Looks like I will get one only about $25. Got a few EPROM's about I could recycle now.
Looks like I will get one only about $25. Got a few EPROM's about I could recycle now.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
yeh needs to be 32pin 1Mbit, i have SST EEPROM's here for $5 each if you get stuck.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
I just brought a uv eraser from dark wire $25 delivered.
They're great I brought my GQ4X from them 12 month's ago.
How do you think I'll go fitting a EPROM back on that same memcal?
Actually think I might have an ecotec memcal around how do they go for size?
They're great I brought my GQ4X from them 12 month's ago.
How do you think I'll go fitting a EPROM back on that same memcal?
Actually think I might have an ecotec memcal around how do they go for size?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins
all the small VS-VY Memcals come with the same size chip 32pin 1Mbit.