People seem to overcompliate MAF systems, think of a MAF system as a MAP system, Think of the Injector multipler table as a VE table, which in effect just changes the injector pulse rate, the MAF just sits ontop of the whole thing and tweaks the pulse rate as the airflow/density/humity etc etc changes. It's like a 3rd order automatic tweaking device
Tuning training required in victoria
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
i pretty much leave the MAF tables alone, i just retune the injector multiplier tables to adjust fueling back in, reason being is the MAF tables are still linear then and will make linear changes as it's readings change.
People seem to overcompliate MAF systems, think of a MAF system as a MAP system, Think of the Injector multipler table as a VE table, which in effect just changes the injector pulse rate, the MAF just sits ontop of the whole thing and tweaks the pulse rate as the airflow/density/humity etc etc changes. It's like a 3rd order automatic tweaking device
People seem to overcompliate MAF systems, think of a MAF system as a MAP system, Think of the Injector multipler table as a VE table, which in effect just changes the injector pulse rate, the MAF just sits ontop of the whole thing and tweaks the pulse rate as the airflow/density/humity etc etc changes. It's like a 3rd order automatic tweaking device
-
lcls1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:53 pm
- cars: vn ss
hsv gts - Location: nowra
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
w to all this and would be very interested in a day or two of training
an learning how to use this system
i am in new but are willing to travel
thanks paul
an learning how to use this system
i am in new but are willing to travel
thanks paul
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
Any luck on the file? Be keen to fix it up and listen/watch.The1 wrote:i got a message from 0081 but he was just heading OS, so awaiting return, then hoping to see what i can do.
Also.. round two??
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
I uploaded it to my drop box and sent The1 the link.
I think he said he got it but i cant quite remember now..
I think he said he got it but i cant quite remember now..
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
Im pretty sure the1 has been a bit busy with other things lately, but this is something i think we need to get back onto soon, those involved last time would surely agree that it was a sucess (even with out the1's voice on the recording) 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
Hey, come to think of it, would there be any interest in a get together/dyno day/informal training?
I have the place and tools to do it...
I have the place and tools to do it...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
Sounds like a good idea.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
Vlads new VP can be the toy for the day on the dyno.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
not any time soon. Few months maybe when I get my company car and all my gear it ready for the red VP.
Should be a lot sooner than the vacationer was ever going to be though
Should be a lot sooner than the vacationer was ever going to be though
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Tuning training required in victoria
I nominate HQ355's beast.