Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

some pistonses :thumbup:

has much beefier pins, crown is thicker as well as the skirts. Uses thinner top ring like ecotec, higher comp height and smaller dish.
came in a Nason box with ACL part number sticker on the side and same specs as ACL pistons. Came with rings too.
IMG_2300_zpsbdahccgi.jpg
IMG_2301_zpsfz1setse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

so what compression increase are you supposed to see with that compared to stock ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

if all else is equal then 9.6:1, but with decking and slight oversize probably be around 9.8:1
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

balancer!
IMG_0520_zpszrxzrs5j.jpg
IMG_0521_zpso6eb3igg.jpg

Construction is so much better than stock. Should live a long time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

vlad01 wrote:if all else is equal then 9.6:1, but with decking and slight oversize probably be around 9.8:1
is that in a Vn/VP or VR motor ?

although its just the pistons that are different ? so would be the same in either.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:
vlad01 wrote:if all else is equal then 9.6:1, but with decking and slight oversize probably be around 9.8:1
is that in a Vn/VP or VR motor ?

although its just the pistons that are different ? so would be the same in either.
thats VN/VP.

in a VR is 9.9 due to small combustion chambers on the heads.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

cool, handy to know!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

almost all the rotating mass stuff. Just need to sort a pressure plate. Up in the air about that atm as I don't know what brand is reliable anymore lol

IMG_0527_zpswwxfvxwc.jpg
IMG_0528_zps00f5rrzc.jpg
Thank f**k you can buy these bits new now. It was a national search for 2nd hand ones only a year or 2 ago.
IMG_0529_zpskjhtcfex.jpg
extreme (Luk) set their covers too heavy.
exceedy seem to have a bad run of quality acording to the pile of faulty out of the box ones Biggvl showed me.
Ci clutchs have been too low clamping force for the standard kit that it slips on worn out underpowerd stock engine lol. And also my local mechnic reckons heaps of dramas with faulty ones mainly for the 4x4 range.

Race Clutch (Jim Berry) recommends exceedy but after seening Biggvl's line up I have doubts now lol.

The Ci one I use in my VP has been vibration free and operates from the foot's prospective great but its really soft and doesn't hold a stock engine too great lol.

I think I will give Jim another call.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

flywheel looks nice!

so whats wrong with the extreme one ? clutch pedal too heavy ?