interesting ... but I think that's way to much for my liking, i'll stick to where they are from factory and improve other aspects
Vlad's rides thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
geez I didn't think there would be a lot of wall to play with for offsetting a 202!! I guess you could always sleeve it!
interesting ... but I think that's way to much for my liking, i'll stick to where they are from factory and improve other aspects
interesting ... but I think that's way to much for my liking, i'll stick to where they are from factory and improve other aspects
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Biggvl wrote:Fitting pistons in 'backwards' was a common practice in HQ racing and speedway 202 engines, would alter the timing of the piston, leaves the piston in 'compression' stage for slightly longer - helps produce torque in the low to mid range.
As Vlad said, not good for wear or noise.
spot on
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah I heard if its the same guy, he called it a tangential engine layout and the gains were significant too.Jayme wrote:excuse my mspaint skillz, but ive also heard of a bloke boring a 202 at an angle and then decking the block at the same angle to effectively achieve this. apparently it increased torque by a decent margin. the theory was having a more direct push on the crank allowed more power to be transferred for longer during the power stroke or something to that effect.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
might this have been done by moving the crank tunnel?but ive also heard of a bloke boring a 202 at an angle and then decking the block at the same angle to effectively achieve this
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Biggvl wrote:might this have been done by moving the crank tunnel?but ive also heard of a bloke boring a 202 at an angle and then decking the block at the same angle to effectively achieve this
Thats how I have heard it was done.
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Biggvl wrote:might this have been done by moving the crank tunnel?but ive also heard of a bloke boring a 202 at an angle and then decking the block at the same angle to effectively achieve this
But then it wouldn't line up true with the gearbox, or am I missing something?
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah theres no easy way to do it either waY 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Think outside the square...
Weld up the bell housing mounting holes and relocate.
We aren't talking about inches of relocation, more like thou's...
I love this topic, could talk about creative engine engineering all day, like gun-barrel drilling cranks, removing crank counter weights, etc..
Sorry to thread-jack Vlad
Weld up the bell housing mounting holes and relocate.
We aren't talking about inches of relocation, more like thou's...
I love this topic, could talk about creative engine engineering all day, like gun-barrel drilling cranks, removing crank counter weights, etc..
Sorry to thread-jack Vlad
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Vlad's rides thread
But would an offset measuring in the thou's of an inch make that much, if any, difference?Biggvl wrote:We aren't talking about inches of relocation, more like thou's...![]()
Just asking.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Chuff wrote:But would an offset measuring in the thou's of an inch make that much, if any, difference?Biggvl wrote:We aren't talking about inches of relocation, more like thou's...![]()
Just asking.
dyno sim shows a hp or 2 or 3 for 50 thou offset in the piston pin so yeah I think it would.